Senior UX Designer
The Skylo Hub is a rugged, easy-install hotspot that connects sensors through wire, WiFi, or BLE, continuously collecting information even when there is no cell coverage for miles. Machines can be moving or stationary, operating in the ocean, in a pipeline, in the dirt, and the Hub continues to operate 100% of the time. The Skylo Satellite Network securely delivers critical data anywhere via geostationary satellites. The Skylo Platform is an immersive way to see the data, send and receive notifications on desktop or mobile, enabling decision-making in real time. Our solution is disruptively affordable and helps transform companies, industries, and lives. Skylo has offices in Palo Alto, CA; Bangalore, India; Tel Aviv, Israel; Espoo, Finland, and is growing globally to support customers. Learn more about Skylo at www.skylo.tech, and find us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Join our team!
Skylo Technologies is seeking a talented and passionate senior user experience designer to join our growing team. This senior user experience designer will have a significant impact on our business as they contribute to the design for our product suite. Throughout the design and development lifecycle, the designer will work with a global, collaborative team, including engineers, product managers and executives. This full-time position is based in Bangalore, India.
- Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment.
- Work cross-functionally and collaborate with product managers and engineering teams to help plan projects, define milestones, assess risks, and support projects to meet deadlines.
- Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
- Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
- Design the interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
- Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Facilitate the participation of the Skylo team through a collaborative design process.
- Clearly present and iterate design solutions.
- Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
- Advocate for the customer and user-centered design within the company.
- Experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience with designing end-user desktop and mobile platforms.
- Experience creating wire-frames for complex applications and/or workflows, and ability to quickly turn around rigorous mockups and prototypes in an iterative environment.
- Strong Visual Design skills
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- 7+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
- Fluency in English.
- Bachelor's degree or corresponding experience