Product Manager, Platform
About the role
The platform team is focused on building a scalable and easy to use platform to help support our customers, both internally and externally. As enterprises of all sizes migrate towards cloud based services for delivering and consuming business critical applications, there is a need for network telemetry that provides visibility even when traffic traverses disparate third party networks like Internet service providers, content delivery networks, distributed denial of service networks, and public cloud provider networks.
The ThousandEyes core platform team allows customers to productionalize their ThousandEyes environment, taking a horizontal view of all of the data collected by our product. This allows our customers to correctly triage network or application issues, visualize their network and application performance, plan for and manage their account usage, and seamlessly interface with other ITSM tools using our API and alerting platform. We collect data using agents, (cloud, enterprise, and endpoint) that serve as vantage points on the Internet, within customer’s private or public cloud networks, or on an end users device.
You will be a key member of the platform product team, responsible for leading our revenue, usage, and account management product, as well as helping to lead the charge on our next generation API. This is a role that touches every part of the ThousandEyes product and requires working cross functionally with internal customers and stakeholders, as well as external customers.
What you will do
- Lead the development and launch of innovative platform features used daily by every customer, working directly with engineering and design
- Understand and anticipate customer needs to drive product definition and positioning
- Engage directly and regularly with customers to gain an in-depth understanding of their business processes and product needs, validate solutions and develop product champions
- Perform competitive analysis and market research to guide product planning
- Contribute to a long term product vision, roadmap and goals
- Coordinate the deliverables of several development teams to meet roadmap goals
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to support the creation of customer-driven messaging, sales enablement tools and thought leadership materials to execute the go-to-market strategy
- Proven product management experience, with demonstrated success in product definition activities, ideally at an Enterprise SaaS company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- Experience with enterprise software products, and Internet Infrastructure products in particular
- Knowledge of Internet Protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, BGP)
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas
- Customer-focused, self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment, and energy