Senior Product Manager, Data Privacy Platform
Data Privacy Platform Product Manager
Wayfair is looking for an experienced product manager to own the platform and related programs that manage the technical aspects of our Global Privacy program. This role is highly cross-functional -- working in close partnership with Legal, Security, other product teams, the DPO office, and Marketing. This role also requires the ability to become the subject matter expert and critical go-to resource on all things privacy tech (GDRP, CCPA, Apple’s ITP and ATT, Can SPAM, preference management, etc). You will research market trends and customer requirements to identify new solutions, product ideas and feature enhancements to help drive our product development roadmap.
Data is the lifeblood of every modern company and more of it exists than ever before. This data holds tremendous value but should never come at the expense of people’s privacy. In this role, you’ll have the exciting and challenging opportunity to enhance Wayfair’s ability to extract valuable insights from data while ensuring consumers of their privacy.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a product roadmap for consumer privacy and consent management, balancing internal stakeholder and end-user needs with the exploration of new privacy approaches for the industry from a first-principles mindset.
- Develop and implement strategies that ensure adherence to regulations while at the same time balancing the need to impede the company’s robust Data Science and Analytics operation as minimally as possible.
- Partner with legal, the data protection office, product, marketing, security, and other teams across the company to identify and educate on potential privacy challenges, and drive towards pragmatic solutions.
- Absorb and translate complex industry-led policies like Apple's ITP and GDPR to help stakeholders understand and adapt to privacy-focused technology changes.
- Lead efforts to identify and manage intricate dependencies, mitigate risks and issues, and build clear lines of communication across teams.
- Drive integrations needed between marketing tools and platforms, being hands on when needed.
- Help conduct compliance assessments and regulatory compliance for the platform.
- Communicate regularly with leadership - translating both technical and domain specific adtech language into communications for broad audiences.
- Documentation and Training - disseminating your findings for the above and training colleagues on how to comply with the technical requirements behind privacy regulations.
What You’ll Need:
- 4+ years experience in B2B software/SaaS product management, or in highly related Adtech or Data Privacy roles
- Understanding of common privacy industry standards/regulations and/or strong interest in consumer privacy
- Technical understanding beyond buzzwords. Command of the web components behind privacy - e.g. cookies and cookie types (HttpOnly, SameSite, third-party), local storage, iframes, browser security features, e.g. CSP directives; and the differences between how browsers and mobile apps function.
- Ability to structure problems, develop clear hypotheses, and prioritize work against the largest impact initiatives
- Proven ability to work with and influence a wide range of cross-functional teams and leaders
- Liaises with our partners/vendors to understand their positions and offerings in dealing with privacy issues
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Great writing skills and a talent for making complex things sound simple via user stories, product requirement documents, sales tools/training, etc.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.