Sr. Product Designer, DEX
At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $12 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As a Senior Product Designer at Remitly you own and drive the mobile App product design strategy and experience for our customers, with a focus on recipients. You will report to the Director of Product Design and be a part of the Design Chapter, but work alongside/embedded within our Destination Experience team, responsible for disbursing billions of dollars globally. By being a part of the design chapter, you will participate in and help lead rituals that continue to build your design craft and to be connected to the design strategy, while being a part of the DEX team, you will work directly with customers to drive an integral part of our business.You are a Remitly customer experience champion!
What You'll Do:
- Create transitional states within an App using Micro interactions and motion
- Use eCommerce practices of merchandising and guiding customers through an experience
- Work closely with your product team to create solutions that address distinct customer needs and business goals through research, workshops, design sprints, sketching, wireframes, site flows, low and high fidelity prototypes and high-quality visual design
- Design scalable systems and patterns for our native app customer experiences and responsive web
- Advocate for Mobile App best practices
- Contribute to our Design System definition and refinement
Who You Are:
- 10 years of experience designing mobile applications, showcased with a portfolio
- You have mastered and practice a 'design thinking', customer-centered, lean product design process; you have demonstrated great interaction design skills, good visual design skills, as well as the ability to conduct appropriate customer research to inform and validate your strategy and solutions
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in: UX Design, Interactive Design, Industrial Design, HCD or related fields or experience
- Experience with Sketch and InVision software
- You are guided by data, curiously challenge projects, approaches and theories to inform your strategy and solutions
- Fluency in Spanish or other languages a plus
Who We Are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer