Senior UX Writer
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Senior UX Writer, you will:
- Drive the in-app content strategy across all product areas and platforms to ensure a cohesive narrative that communicates the brand.
- Work across all areas of the product — from the dashboard to the settings and controls to core features and functionality in a mural, making sure that the text in all product experiences, across web and apps, is aligned, is consistent, and clearly communicates the value proposition.
- Create consistent, concise, and conversational UI content that makes emotional connections with people and makes their lives easier with MURAL.
- Build language that facilitates user onboarding, navigation, facilitation, and mural creation, and guides users through other components of the end-to-end experience.
- Collaborate with product designers to deliver clear UI text that's easy to read and understand.
- Work with Product Marketing and Brand to further define/refine a tone of voice and personality that aligns with our brand, and incorporate it in everything you write.
- Maintain and update UX copy guidelines and best practices for product-wide adoption.
- Manage multiple projects from needs assessment to delivery.
- Deeply understand how MURAL personas think and perceive the world.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- 4+ years of experience writing UI text for a SaaS product; experience in developing content strategy as well as in writing microcopy, labels, transactional emails, etc.
- Experience creating or maintaining style guides.
- Experience working directly with product designers, PMs, engineers and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate content design decisions and advocate for the user.
- Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI and tools.
- An understanding of design thinking and design tools/methodologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines; must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines for web and mobile applications.
- Native-level fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Positive energy and enthusiasm for the work, team, product and company.
- Passion for and commitment to product excellence, along with a results-driven mindset.
- Outstanding listening and communication skills, who can be direct, yet compassionate and tactful; sensitivity to different communication styles.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.