Lead UX Designer, Mobile
Zola is seeking a Lead UX Designer. Mobile to be the customer advocate and interpret customer needs into thoughtful design solutions for the iOS and Android platforms. Product Designers at Zola are creative thinkers who effectively communicate their ideas and continuously collaborate with product managers, strategists, and engineers to continually innovate at various stages of product development. The role is responsible for discovery research, concept ideation, creating and overseeing detailed user experience design solutions, and validation research, providing interaction and visual direction from definition to specification.
- Apply design principles and user-centered design methodologies to create a great mobile experience for our users
- Define, create, and communicate the experience direction using appropriate tools to describe intent. This includes: sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and animations
- Lead every stage of product design life cycle including research, ideation, low fidelity design iteration, high fidelity design iteration, animation, and engineering support throughout development
- Collaborate with product managers, marketers, business managers, and engineers to define features
- Plan and execute research activities including tool and method selection, participant recruitment, conducting sessions, and findings synthesis
- Create effective and thoughtful product solutions by considering site analytics, customer feedback, and research findings
- Design solutions that drive measurable business objectives
- Bring inspiring and creative ideas into an energetic and collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
- Provide mentorship for more junior product designers
- 6 + years of experience working in a startup, ecommerce or consumer based company
- Deep knowledge of the HIG and best practices for iOS and Android
- Experience leading product design within a cross functional team
- Strong visual and interaction design
- Proven experience and understanding of native mobile and mobile web design/development
- Clear understanding of usability, user-centered design, accessibility and web standards
- Successful management of stakeholders
- Highly proficient in design and prototyping tools such as Figma and Principle
- A portfolio which demonstrates mobile design and problem-solving in the various phases of user-centered design
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Degree in Design-related field
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, and quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online and mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, and simply magical. We’re proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, and we’re proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, and we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion and perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, and partner will be respected and accepted and valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, and we have offices in Charlottesville and Montreal. Come work with us!