Product Marketing Manager, Freight & Trade Services
San Francisco, CA
We are reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
Flexport is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Product Marketing Manager to join our growing team. Product Marketing at Flexport is a highly collaborative role. You’ll partner closely with teams in Sales, Communications and Growth, as well as Product Management and leaders in Air, Ocean, and Trucking.
Armed with a passion for innovation and for taking new offerings to market on a global scale, you’ll assess new markets, develop compelling business cases, identify product use cases, and create marketing activities that drive Flexport revenue, growth and brand value.
- Deeply understand Flexport’s customers through qualitative and quantitative research and become their internal advocate
- Analyze complex dynamics — trade ecosystem, customer need, competition, macro trends — and synthesize them to inform growth, brand, and company strategy
- Own our understanding of the competitive landscape for your product areas, and be the go-to expert for our offering’s position in the market
- Develop go-to-market strategy, including product positioning and messaging that’s insightful, well-written, and compelling
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of product launches and marketing strategies
- Identify opportunities to drive product growth, and develop data-driven recommendations to reach new customers and achieve other business KPIs
You should have:
- 5+ years relevant experience across product marketing, management consulting, product management, strategy, or operational roles
- Experience bringing multiple products or services to market, from product planning to launch to growth
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to manage up and drive consensus amongst executive stakeholders
- Experience working with a cross-functional team and managing stakeholders with diverse needs and perspectives
- Experience in B2B marketing, working closely with product development and sales teams
- A deeply curious mindset: you are excited to learn about complex problems in a complex industry, and to distill complexity to various levels depending on your audience
- A passion for storytelling: you can empathize with customers and adapt your communication strategy to best reach them. You’re a strong writer and presenter
- An organized work style: you have plenty of experience managing complex projects, multiple stakeholders, and competing priorities to get the most impactful work done
- A team player mentality: you know how to work with collaborators across disciplines, backgrounds and timezones. There are few teams at Flexport that Product Marketing doesn’t work with
- An analytical mindset: you know how to define success, measure against it and learn from failure
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.