Associate Vice President, Product Marketing
New York, NY
The Role You’ll Play:
First, some data on the growth of CB Insights.
2015 - 66 teammates
2016 - 104 teammates
2017 - 168 teammates
2018 - 209 teammates
2019 - 292
Today - 300+ and growing
Over that same period, our revenue has grown 800%. Underpinning this growth is the CB Insights Technology Intelligence platform, the vast market we have to capitalize on, and a great team with top talent across all levels. Additionally during the past 10 months while others have floundered, we have thrived - adding new datasets to our platform and also two company acquisitions.
That is the great news.
Now, what we need is for someone with expertise that will take us to the next level. And to do this, we are hiring for an AVP, Product Marketing.
This is an incredible opportunity to use your expertise to forge a new path within Marketing at CB Insights. This is a critical role for us to fill and requires someone with an amazing drive, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit. With over 650K newsletter subscribers, 20K to 30K inbound leads per month, and extensive coverage in the top tier media, there is great foundation to build from.
As our sales and customer success teams continue to grow and our product continues to advance, there is much to be done from the Product Marketing side. From product messaging and enablement to Customer Marketing and engagement you will need to take a hands on approach to gain a deep understanding of our customers and the value we provide. This will drive many initiatives from better defining our category to how we address the needs of customers and prospects across their entire journey.
If you are an awesome Product Marketing leader who is as analytical as you are creative and have the ability to draw a clear line between marketing activities and business outcomes, this may be the place for you. This person will be working directly for the VP of Marketing and will own the strategy and execution for Product and Customer Marketing at CB Insights.
What you will be responsible for:
- Own all components of product marketing and enablement execution, from internal and external collateral creation to training and certification programs by vertical
- Define and own messaging and market differentiation per target audiences
- Build repeatable product marketing playbooks and systems that can be measured, constantly iterated and scaled
- Become the expert on our customers, market segments and competition Plan the launches of new products/offerings including internal/external communications, training, and promotional events
- Build sales enablement and training materials
- Develop collaborative partnerships across the organization, including with product, engineering, IU (intelligence unit, aka research) sales, customer success and marketing
- Communicate constantly and intelligently with customers; be the voice of the customer for the CB Insights organization
- Define smart goals for you and your team and manage against measurable KPIs; CB Insights is data-driven
- Being a magnet for talent that can attract, hire and develop exceptional talent as we build a world-class product marketing capability
What you bring to the table:
As a leader:
- 12+ years of formal product marketing / strategy / marketing leadership leadership experience at a fast-growing technology, market research or advisory firm
- Deep familiarity with the needs and goals of the corporate functions CBI customers are in
- Clear, fast and hard earned career progression
- Track record leading and developing high performance teams of 10+ professionals
- Experience building incentive and career progression programs that drive career advancement and retention of great talent
As a product marketer:
- Product marketing strategy & execution
- Brand activation / rebrand skills
- Experience working with sales and CS teams to tangibly improve mid-funnel and retention metrics
- Understanding and experience selling SaaS products with moderate to high price tags into enterprises ($50-$250k per annum)
- Impeccable copywriting and presentation building skills
- Be data-driven and be willing to nerd out on data to get to the right ideas and answers
- Knowledge that ranges from good to great in:
- Product marketing
- Customer engagement marketing
- Event marketing
- Demand generation
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.