Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
Plentific is one of the fastest-growing property technology companies in the UK and Germany, with offices in the US and Turkey. Its mission is to improve lives by making property work better for everyone. The platform empowers landlords and property managers to manage their properties and internal trades workforce, source local trade talent, build community cohesion and provide better services than ever before. The end-to-end solution offers a flexible approach to compliance management, repairs reporting and delivery, ensuring landlords and property managers can be confident that their property meets necessary standards.
Since 2013, Plentific has:
- Dramatically improved outcomes by speeding up service delivery fivefold and creating economic opportunities within local communities.
- Set a new industry benchmark on responsive repairs by reducing typical time frames (20 days) to less than 4 days.
- Entered partnerships with social enterprises to help people into trades jobs, and thus rebuild their lives.
Plentific has been recognised by multiple awarding bodies since its inception, including:
- ‘Deal of the Year - Residential’ at the UK PropTech Awards 2018.
- ‘Business Change/Transformation’ Award at the UK Business Awards 2019.
- Recognised as ‘Professional Services Partner’ at the UK Housing Awards 2019.
- Repairs and Maintenance Provider of the Year at the 24Housing Awards 2019.
- Featured on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 list 2020.
- Most Collaborative Business Award - PropTech at the UK Proptech Awards 2020.
Following a major funding round, Plentific has recently expanded into the US multi-family market and has plans to enter the wider professional and commercial real estate sector in Europe this year.
In sum, Plentific is a technology-led business developing cutting-edge solutions - and that’s only possible to do with a great team. Our culture is open, empowering and fast-paced. If you’re tenacious, passionate and driven, you will fit right in.
We’re looking for a scrum master to join the engineering team. You’ll be working alongside a highly technical and motivated team and report to a senior Scrum Master. You will help our numerous cross-functional engineering teams using Agile methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban. Our engineers are split across our London and Ankara offices as well as remote members. You'll be a vital cog in the future of Plentific as we strive to use best-practice and maintain our own high standards as we expand the team. We currently have and will continue to have an environment that allows our engineering teams to be the best they can be in order to offer a platform unrivalled by others.
The engineering team sits at the centre of everything we do at Plentific and is constantly tackling challenging problems, such as online payments, quoting, invoicing, booking, search / scoring algorithms, ETL, data pipelines, in-app messaging, real-time notifications and fraud prevention. Our backend engineers mostly work with Python and Django on an increasingly more service-oriented architecture. The rest of the tech stack include Django REST Framework, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, AWS, ES6, React.js, Alt.js, Node.js, Express, Amazon Redshift, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Celery, Pandas, Numpy, Scrapy, Git with Zenhub, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Logstash and lots of raw SQL for analytics. We have a very large but clean code base as we put significant emphasis on design patterns, code readability, testability, maintainability and extendability.
You will be working from our established Ankara office and be part of a distributed team of engineers working from the UK and Europe in addition to Turkey. There will be plenty of opportunities to travel and collaborate face to face.
- Work closely with the Product and Project Managers in prioritising, developing and managing the product backlog(s)
- Lead ceremonies such as Sprint Reviews, Planning, Stand-ups and Retrospectives
- Ensure the teams understand the processes in order to achieve reliable and satisfactory delivery
- Perform Agile coaching, facilitation and support to the various teams
- Ensure we have an environment that allows the engineering team to excel
- Generate data to help measure team success and and cycle time
- Be a part of our goal to always improve and ensure best-practice across the whole company
- Actively take part within the Agile community and ensure we are continuing to lead the way
- Knowledge of a collection of Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean etc.
- Understanding of the skills and techniques used to provide Agile coaching
- Ability to enable team members to focus on the bigger picture, and team results over individual results
- Experience with using Agile tools to inform and provide feedback
- Ability to think out of the box with a can-do attitude to get things done efficiently
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate technical concepts in plain English
- BSc (at least 2:1) essential in computer science, engineering, computational physics, mathematics or another field with strong computational curriculum. MSc/PhD in similar subjects desirable
- No military obligation for male candidates or postponed for at least 2 years
As you can see, we have big plans and are eager to grow our team of dreamers and doers to achieve our vision of managing over 1 million properties through our platform across various countries. You can help us shape the future of property management. Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- A new 15’’ MacBook pro and supporting hardware of your choice
- An annual learning and development fund
- Home office allowance
- An inherently diverse culture with over 18 nationalities and 21 languages spoken.