Krakow, Lesser Poland, Poland
Ocado technology is the innovative technology powerhouse behind Ocado.com, the biggest online-only grocery retailer in the world. We are based in Krakow - a beautiful, historic city which also happens to have some top tech talent. Our Krakow development centre plays a major role in creating some of our major innovative products, moreover we have offices in London/Hatfield in the UK, Wroclaw, Barcelona & Sofia. With teams all over Europe, we really strive for diversity and a work environment where everyone feels welcomed.
After years of enabling Ocado to be a successful retailer in the UK, Ocado Technology launched the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) to help other grocery retailers success online too. Now, with clients all around the world (Spain, France, Sweden, Canada, USA, Australia…) the OSP teams are quickly growing and need talented people to help them reach the next milestones of their exponential growth.
We are +50 Uxers (and counting) in the company. There are plenty of opportunities to work with other designers and researchers on various projects and initiatives. We also run regular community meetings to showcase our work and learn from others. We are a very diverse group of people, coming from all horizons and with different perspectives.
Team & Job
You will be joining the OSP warehouse development team. Our warehouses are truly cutting edge: automated and system driven, able to fulfil customers orders accurately and effectively at large volume. Together, we will be working on the next set of features that will bring the user experience to the next level, as well as improving the current capabilities of the product. You’ll be responsible for championing effective and informative research to inform goos, user-centric product decisions. Our product allows our clients to run their warehouse, resolve problems in real time and oversee their operation. You’ll be responsible for the work you produce and accountable for its impact on key KPIs. Learn about how we work.
You’ll join the team and Team Lead (Linkedin) that evolve and inspire towards world leading user experience. Our work is not limited to interaction on screens; It compliments the unique physical conditions and bespoke hardware of the warehouse. Finally, you’ll be a champion of everything UX in the company, collaborating with Product Managers, Developers, Data analysts, Clients and other stakeholders of the importance of UX. Designing is the easy part, convincing is much harder.
Our product blends software interaction in a unique physical environment. We travel to sites to understand its nature. As a senior researcher you will help us establish effective methods to understand our users’ needs, even if we cannot visit every single site and shadow users.
- Service research/System analysis - understand how different actors work in an eco-system
- Able to explain a complex process in a simple way
- Experience carrying field and longitudinal research, and how to choose the right methodology
- Ability to build understanding within the business about UX research
- Appreciate the value of data - how to gather it and make the most of it during the development phases
- Great problem-solving skills. We work on a very complex product
- Strong team spirit and collaboration skills. We need a designer that can liaise with many stakeholders, keep the team informed of their progress and help others in their projects
- Able to take a project from the start and deliver it in a timely manner, exceeding expectations with innovative experiences and UIs
- 5+ years of commercial experience
- An online portfolio, showing the breadth of your UX researcher skills, including at least 2 case studies
- Fluent English is required
- Able to travel to clients’ sites as well as visit our own Ocado’s warehouses in the UK.
- A real opportunity to grow and excel. Your personal development is important to us as much as it is to you. You’ll also have the opportunity to attend conferences & courses part of our Ocado Technology Academy.
- Autonomy isn’t just a word on paper. Every team member is encouraged to own their work and take pride in it. But when you need a hand, the team is always there.
- A flexible work environment, a competitive salary and share schemes.