UX Engineer, Product Design [Contract]
Do you have trouble fitting into a box that’s either a designer or an engineer? As a UX Engineer, you don’t have to choose. You’ll deftly blend together strong aesthetics with user experience and technical know-how to drive adoption of InfluxData’s breakout SaaS data platform.
This role is contract-to-hire and reports to the Head of Design within the Product Team.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Evolve our open source design system and REACT library called Clockface
- Lead how products will act and look, facilitate conversations to gather feedback and educate the wider company on research findings.
- Design user journeys and mockups for new features and redesign existing ones.
- Track performance of key user journeys.
- Conduct qualitative user research to validate product direction that meets user needs.
- Pair with engineers, designers, and product managers to develop prototypes or ship production code.
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- Front-end development skills including (but not limited to) React with hooks, Typescript, Storybook, SCSS, and methodologies like BEM
- Extensive knowledge of building and using composable, responsive design systems
- Prior front-end development and product design experience
- Passion for creating practical solutions to complex problems in computer science
- A track record documenting the business outcomes of your product designs at top-tier startups or markets
- Storytelling skills to communicate ROI of product design
Bonus Points If You:
- Practitioner of product-led growth
- Have familiarity with highly technical products including developer tools, cloud computing, and SaaS/PaaS growth design
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc)
- Want to further develop front-end skills on the job
- Have a strong sense of aesthetics
- Enjoy board games
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database.
We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.