UX Designer - Graduate
Mulhuddart, Dublin, IE
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a User Experience Designer with a proven record of delivering solutions which address our customers’ most challenging business problems and opportunities. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating effectively with Product Management and engineering in agile and lean delivery methodologies.
As a UX designer uou’ll create user experience designs and prototypes to test your ideas. You'll share your knowledge and collaborate with your team to address ambiguous, complex problems and projects. Applying User Experience, Design Thinking, and Information Architecture methods, you’ll help to uncover user and business requirements in the context of the technical landscape.
Role and Responsibilities
As a User Experience Designer, you will
- Work in an Agile environment (with Product Owners, Developers, etc) to define requirements and design the solution, depending on the project.
- Design intuitive and simple user interfaces for web and mobile solutions, producing journey maps, storyboards, mock-ups.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Create storyboards, layouts, impactful presentations, graphics, data visualizations, and other design artifacts
- Participate in design workshops, incorporate input from multiple stakeholders, communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- In this position, you will be challenged to understand business needs as well as user’s perspectives and put them in a cohesive design which is simple but elegant.
- You will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to have a best user experience, iterate upon in accordance with user testing.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven experience as UX Designer (and/or Interaction Designer, Information Architect) with experience of working in an agile environment with developers implementing designs
- Demonstrated expertise of using Design tools like Sketch, Invision or similar tools e.g., Adobe, Balsamiq etc.
- Experience in designing tools or applications in a large enterprise
- Portfolio of previous work must be presented incorporating UI designs and/or sketches that demonstrate an understanding of wireframing, interaction design, visual design and design best practices.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Architect Architecture Balsamiq Design thinking Engineering InVision Product management Prototypes Sketch Sketches Storyboards User experience User flows User testing Visual design Wireframes
Job region(s): Europe