Core Growth Strategy Senior Manager
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join our Core growth team. You will own operationalizing our GTM strategy through cross-functional team alignment and driving quantitative and qualitative analysis needed to support the business case of key initiatives that drive Affirm’s core growth projects. This person will have outstanding analytical and problem solving skills, as well as interpersonal skills to work across the organization and with clients to drive forward recommendations.
What you'll do
- Set strategic course and GTM strategy for the Core business, including defining business goals, settling priorities and ensuring execution
- Partner closely with the Product team to develop long-term product strategy and prioritize new product features required to win in this space
- Responsible for the performance and growth of the Core business; identify and build a path to continuously increase SoC; move towards “expansion” smartly and efficiently
- Champion cross-functional initiatives from concept to rollout by defining and measuring work-streams, involving relevant partners and orchestrating progress on quarterly and annual priorities
- Partner cross-functionally with various teams including Product, Finance, Merchant Pricing Marketing, Sales, Credit, Capital Markets, Client Success, Data Science and Partnerships
- Create thoughtful and succinct presentations to communicate the progress of programs / products related to Core Growth and the team’s key work-streams
- Demonstrate deep market knowledge and internal data insights to identify and evaluate complex, open-ended questions and present findings in a clear and concise manner to cross-functional partners
- Become a leader with a point of view in the retail POS financing and e-commerce space
What we look for
- Passion and drive to disrupt both the retail and lending industry for the better
- 9+ years of experience within investment banking, management consulting, private equity, and ideally more recent experience in strategy/business operations/strategic finance functions at a high-growth technology company
- Experience managing and mentoring team members
- Track record of successfully driving projects from end to end (from building strategy to execution)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written, verbal, and graphic - are a must
- Strong work ethic - able to take ownership beyond own responsibility and manage timelines/deliverables effectively
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Proven understanding of analytical tools, such as SQL, Python and Excel
- Team player - you go out of your way to help teammates; you win when the team wins!