Senior Product Manager
Seattle, Washington, USA
Do you enjoy creating software that solves whitespace problems? We are building a new team for an exciting problem space in Alexa. You get to be a founding member of our start up, figure out what and how to build, and expand your influence and impact across Amazon. You will work with a team of entrepreneurial builders and leaders passionate about voice commerce, and lead them to create systems that solve complex problems all the way from understanding customers to fulfilling their in the moment buying needs. You’ll be working in an emerging space, gain expertise in a wide range of technologies and be a needle mover. You will be changing the experience of millions of Alexa users worldwide and in your home!
We are looking for a self-starter who is able to lead with clarity and deep customer empathy. You create the product strategy, vision and roadmap for a business that’s on the verge of explosive growth over the next few years. You will dive deep into customer and business needs, and how they evolve – you will use that to guide the product vision. You will work with our developers to understand how to shape the software architecture for high customer-facing experience (including low latency, and high availability and scalability), and for easy adoption by businesses. You will look ahead to understand how partner teams’ needs are evolving, align product roadmap, and influence across organizations for the right results.
To be successful, you will need to be creative and innovate to solve complex challenges. This role requires you to be able to influence senior leaders on the right strategies and approaches, across multiple business lines in Amazon. You will need to bring in strong business acumen, and be able to strike the right balance between current needs and future opportunities. You must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Identify current and future customers, work with them to identify the needs and gaps.
· Work back from customer needs, and create a longer term product strategy. Write clear and concise customer-backwards product/requirement documents and communicate them to senior business leaders, developers and technologists.
· Build the product roadmap across organizational boundaries and drive strategic partnerships to deliver on it.
· Define user stories around purchasing of digital content, memberships and services on Alexa. This includes considering the purchasing experience across various digital content and service types, as well as the post-purchase experience of managing the purchases (e.g. refunds, membership cancellation, etc.).
· Drive the adoption of voice purchasing solutions across content and service teams
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic roadblocks and manage feature dependencies, and manage trade-offs to balance business needs versus technical and resource constraints
· Define, track, and report on success metrics to understand the business drivers and identify actions needed to improve existing business processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· 5+ years of experience in building product strategy
· Demonstrable experience in in navigating ambiguity and uncertainty in design
· Strong attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving
· Experience influencing and collaborating with stakeholders at all levels in the organization
· Comfortable working with technology partners to drive the right results for the organization
· Superior oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently and autonomously, and work across multiple teams
· MBA is preferred
Preferred Qualifications· Experience in creating developer-facing technical products
· Experience in consumer-facing ecommerce, and high-tech products/services
· Expertise in guiding User Experience (UX) development and working with UX designers
· Prior experience solving whitespace problems
Job tags: Architecture Engineering User experience User stories
Job region(s): North America