Senior Product Designer - Design Systems
San Francisco, CA
We're looking for a Product Designer to embed within our Presentation Frameworks product engineering team to build and improve upon our design systems in an effort to better enable our designers and engineers to create experiences that engage our users and achieve our mission of creating belonging.
What you'll be doing
- Work with engineering team members, product, and product managers to create and maintain a design system to support Discord's ability to scale as a design-driven business. You will be part of the Product Design team and work with groups across the Engineering, Product, Analytics, and Design organization.
- Working with other designers to raise the quality bar and contribute to our evolving design system of components, styles, and interactions.
- Supporting adoption of the design system, managing changes, and synthesizing feedback and input from our different teams.
- Documenting and maintaining usage guidelines and specs for components and patterns within the system.
- Understanding and educating the team on design systems best practices such as organization and naming conventions.
- Collaborating closely with engineers to implement new components and audit legacy components.
- Fostering a culture of design.
What you should have
- Minimum of 4 years experience designing and shipping a design system for a variety of devices and platforms.
- Strategic product thinking and vision. You’re more concerned with the “why” than the “how”.
- Self-motivation to find answers.
- A high level of craft and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of accessible design standards.
- Experience with and deep knowledge of best practices with Figma.
- Basic understanding of front-end development.
- Deep knowledge of iOS/Material/Desktop standards.
- Interface animations know-how.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Job region(s): North America