Senior Software Engineer - UX-Platform-Remote
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Your Manager is based in Kirkland, WA but you’ll be working remotely from anywhere in US
GoDaddy is looking for a Back-End Engineer to join our Experience Delivery team in Kirkland, Tempe, or as a remote contributor.
The team is responsible for building & maintaining personalization systems that integrate curated content with experimentation, machine learning, and customer lifecycle data. Engineers across GoDaddy's product teams use these platform technologies every day to help our small business customers start, grow, and run their venture.
If you have the passion, enthusiasm, and ability to help power compelling web and mobile interactions for customers on their way to making their small businesses great, we would like to talk to you!
The ideal candidate...
We are looking for a Back-End Engineer to be a part of our team working on powering the next generation of experiences for our customers. We are a dynamic and growing company that loves what we do and are looking for passionate people to share our vision. We focus on delivering performance, flexible tools that help our product teams solve the problems and needs of people trying to be great at what they do in their small business.
The development stack includes Node.js development along with other modern technologies including AWS services like Lambda, EKS, Kinesis, & DynamoDB.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about doing the right thing for the customer and want to learn and grow with new technologies and opportunities. If you want to work with smart people doing work that will be used by millions of people every day, we would like to talk to you!
What you'll get to do...
- Write great code and create unit and integration tests that prove it.
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting coding best practices.
- Participate in devops, release, and on-call activities in support of the platform.
- Engage with engineers across the company to solve problems that span multiple teams.
- Participate in ensuring a high quality and performant system that engages and delights customers.
- Help to build and maintain high-performance data aggregation and processing systems that span multiple sources.
- Contribute to Open Source projects related to the tech stack and domain of our products.
- Support other engineers in the team.
- You have experience working with highly agile development teams.
- You have experience working with cloud-native architectures.
- You have experience with and can create performant RESTful APIs to power web applications. Experience with technologies such as AWS Lambda, and DynamoDB a plus.
- You have experience working with GraphQL queries and schemas.
- You have experience using git and git-based workflows.
- You work closely with a team of experts across disciplines to design and implement very high-quality code.
- You have experience with Devops and understand what deployment means using systems like docker, AWS and/or Kubernetes.
- You have been active in the professional development community for at least 3 years.
We've got your back...
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.