Group Product Manager – UK Growth
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to turn TransferWise into the UK’s market leader of consumer cross-border payments.
Our primary goal is to turn TransferWise into the UK’s market leader of consumer cross-border payments by volume. Our current growth trajectory looks to achieve this by 2026. In the first 18 months, your objective will be to change the growth trajectory to achieve a market leading position by 2023.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the UK Growth team:
You will have four areas of growth areas to explore:
- Feature development. Identify gaps in features and quality between what we offer today and what the customers expect. Find the opportunities where impact per unit of effort is maximised.
- Use case development. We have researched on why customers currently use TransferWise, but we do not know why our non-customers are not using TransferWise and what problems are they currently solving elsewhere.
- Funnel development. We have a list of growth hypotheses, which highlight where and why our customers might be dropping off in the growth funnel. The growth funnel also includes going outside the TransferWise perimeter, including understanding awareness and intent.
- Segmentation development. TransferWise’s customer base population pyramid differs from the UK population pyramid. What has caused these differences and how should we address them?
- Once you have landed on opportunities in these areas, you will work closely with engineers, marketing, product marketing, analysts, researchers and customers to deliver incremental growth, either through the product or other means, such as marketing.
- You likely won’t achieve this alone. So you will need to build a growth strategy around their findings and build up an appropriate team in order to achieve the objective.
- You will also have a responsibility to share their learnings with other PMs in the tribe and the wider company, so we could leverage these results globally.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Directly contribute to our mission to make money without borders the new normal. The UK Growth role is a great opportunity to operate in uncharted territory. The UK is TransferWise’s most mature market, and growth initiatives here will set a precedent for other regions.
- Build world-class products: The role is a unique opportunity to build state-of-the-art products focusing on expanding the TransferWise offering in the UK.
- Choose your path to impact - we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across TransferWise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader - You will build and inspire your own team, but also other teams to contribute to our mission
A bit about you:
- Customer and growth focus – You’ve worked on a product with thousands or even millions of customers, ran surveys or research and interviewed people who used your product. You have a solid understanding of how to develop a growth funnel and identify new growth opportunities.
- Making decisions and providing direction - You can differentiate the signal from the noise and focus on what’s truly important.
- Building teams – You can identify which skills a team needs to achieve the team’s primary objective and are ready to grow the team around it.
- Entrepreneurial – You have delivered high impact products before in data-driven environments.
- You’re data-driven – In a world of conflicting signals, you are able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and get the entire company behind you telling a story with the data you have enquired. You’ll need to show us you’re dedicated to utilize or to master any type of data analytics tools (eg. SQL or Python or Business Analytics tools) quickly, to be able to self-serve your own analyses.
- Communicating clearly and logically - You are comfortable communicating with internal and external partners on challenging issues, whether in written format or at sprint planning with the team
- You have fresh ideas - You don’t accept the status quo, but are interested in solving problems in novel ways. You are able to communicate the impact of those ideas and formulate plans to implement them
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- You have a specific interest in, passion for, or connection to UK payments
- You have brought a consumer product to mass markets
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.