Scrum Master IV, Infrastructure
PureIntegration is seeking an Information Technology Scrum Master IV - Infrastructure who will be responsible for coaching team members in agile best practices, self-organization, and cross-functionality. Helping team focus on creating high-value increments that meet the Definition of Done. Helping remove impediments to team’s progress and ensuring all Scrum events occur and are engaging and productive (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Sprint Review). Working with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams, as well as assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
Core Responsibilities working in IT environment:
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information CSM, PSM I, SASM, or other Scrum Master certification strongly preferred
- Exhibit Lean-Agile leadership: In an Information Technology environment - Exhibit the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile Mindset. Help the team embrace Lean-Agile Values, adopt and apply Lean-Agile Principles, and implement Lean-Agile practices.
- Support the team rules: Reinforce the lightweight Agile Team rules including rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices.
- Process Improvement: Improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. Help the team focus on daily and iteration Goals. Help the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitate the team retrospective. Teach problem-solving techniques. Focus on ever-improving team dynamics and performance.
- Facilitate meetings: Facilitate team meetings, including the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective. Represent the team in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS) meeting, and pass information from that meeting back to the team.
- Promote SAFe quality practices: Help foster the culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile teams. Provide guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables.
Personality & Characteristics:
- Ability to mature the team - lead from behind, help the team grow in their Agile journey (Coach and Servant Leader)
- Protector of the team, approachable, and liaison to other teams
- Unblock issues for the team
- Ability to drive team to outcomes
- Enable and drive Agility in team – the way they think and execute
Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field—or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of IT work experience
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification is desired.
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Agile methodologies. Knowledge of tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques is desired.
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here!
pureIntegration, a systems integration company headquartered in the DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries – communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating. As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.