Product Manager, Climate
About the team:
Our mission is to make it easy and compelling for businesses to help stop climate change. Last year we launched Stripe Climate, which allows merchants to direct a fraction of their revenue toward initiatives that permanently remove CO2 from the atmosphere --- all in just a few clicks. This product marked the first of a suite of climate products to serve our 1M+ merchants. We’re optimistic that, together with our users, we can build a reliable market for carbon removal. If successful, this growing market will accelerate the availability of low-cost, permanent carbon removal technologies—and increase the likelihood that the world has the portfolio of solutions needed to avoid the most catastrophic effects of climate change.
About the role:
You’ll be responsible for driving the vision, strategy, roadmap and execution for our climate products. The stage of our team is early and the degrees of freedom are many. This role requires a unique combination of high-level strategic thinking, user obsession, and focused execution.
- Conduct extensive research to understand customer needs and current market solutions
- Use research to craft a compelling product vision and strategy
- Plan, prioritize, and deliver achievable projects against that vision and strategy
- Define and communicate project goals, requirements, and constraints
- Work with engineers and designers to build and edit the service and product; collaborate with other functions to bring it to market
- Measure progress and success, and use that to guide future iteration
You may be fit for this role if:
- You’re a strategic thinker. You’re a holistic, first principles thinker with a unique ability to move fluidly between the forest and the trees. You possess a rare ability to marry market opportunity with product and business. You can see the entire ecosystem, how it’s shifting, and can identify the right opportunities within it.
- You’re highly analytical. You’re skilled at constructing logical, rigorous analyses to answer questions. You often find yourself debating both sides to pressure test your recommendation.
- You’re self-motivated, self-directed. You identify the right questions to ask and problems to solve -- not just solutions. You don’t wait for someone else to tell you what to do. You have a track record of charting new territory.
- You hustle. You find a way to make things happen, even when the odds are stacked against you. You’re relentlessly resourceful and bias towards action. You have a track record of leading initiatives and succeeding in a team environment.
- You’ve shipped product. Lots of it. You have 7+ years of product management experience and can point to numerous shining examples of successful products and features you drove, and can share lessons learned from the less successful ones.
- You’re technically fluent. You are a trusted partner for engineering.
- You’re customer obsessed. You know your markets, customers and competition better than anyone. You’re passionate about finding ways to produce magical new experiences.
- Your design taste is impeccable. You know great design when you see it and you know how to work with designers to build magical experiences.
- You’re a persuasive communicator. You are skilled at communicating with users, leadership, and internal/external partners to translate your vision, collect requirements, drive towards a decision, and/or explain design and technical choices. You can relay incredibly complex ideas in simple terms.