Head of Product Design
As Head of Product Design, you will lead the design strategy of our products, and manage a team of product designers.
Because Via serves a global and diverse community, you will ensure our products and features are easy to use, provide value, and display the highest level of craft.
We are seeking a passionate person with the ability to create impactful and meaningful design, while leading the design process, and guiding the professional growth of Via’s product designers.
The team works, creates and thinks together while collaborating with product managers, engineers, analysts and other stakeholders. As a leader, you are a collaborative, ambitious and motivated person, excited to solve complex problems and turn them into simple and engaging experiences.
As a designer, you will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills. We are looking for an experienced design leader with extensive background working on UX/UI projects from end to end, with the ability to understand the business and customer needs, and who is up to date with current application and web design trends.
What you’ll do
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products for our users
- Design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant.
- Define and oversee the design strategy of our different products.
- Manage a team of Product Designers while keeping your “Hands on” work skills.
- Define the design process and organize resources to deliver on the strategy.
- Partner with developers and other stakeholders to oversee that the user experience is simple, straightforward, and elegant.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of hands on product design work experience.
- At least 3 years experience in a leadership role
- Have a strong product approach and way of thinking
- Ability to work both “Hands on” and manage a team of designers.
- Thrive in ambiguity- you are able to adapt successfully as the product changes and flexes.
- Ability to work fast and produce multiple solutions.
- Excellent communication skills - you can articulate your ideas to management, colleagues, partners, as well as fellow designers.
- Have a strong portfolio that showcases your obsession with pixel perfect design.Self-taught, curious, and a fast learner, always looking for a creative solution.
- Relationship builder - you love to work with other people, creating collaboration and connection between teams.