Senior Web UX Designer
Posted 1 month ago
Mozilla's Marketing Team seeks an experienced user experience designer to help us build www.mozilla.org and other marketing websites. The role involves crafting web experiences, growing our existing design system, solving sophisticated UX problems, supporting experiments, and more.
You are a designer with strong visual design skills. You're smart and passionate; you ask questions, take initiative, and use data to research and design user-centered web experiences. You are proficient with Figma for UI design and prototyping, and you're proficient enough with HTML and CSS to have opinions about how the web supports your designs. You are experienced with design systems because you've used them (or even built/maintained them!). You enjoy working with an engineering team, and can build and document interactive components for developers. You are enthusiastic about how things work and interact and know how to build visually cohesive and well-designed experiences.
- Work closely with front-end developers, copywriters, brand designers, and business partners to make our web properties attractive, usable, accessible, performant vehicles for Mozilla’s messages, brands and products.
- Help to expand the current design system. Use the system to design new sections of the website.
- Create sophisticated and intuitive user experiences by incorporating user insights, business requirements and technical constraints.
- Participate in the planning and strategic phases of a project. Proactively pitch new work, backed by a strong, well-articulated rationale.
- Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups with detailed design specifications for mobile and web experiences throughout the design process.
- Proactively deliver UX solutions for problems of large scope and complexity. Work through ambiguity, and adapt your approach to meet the needs of multiple partners.
- Support qualitative and quantitative experimentation by rapidly producing mockups of experimental variations.
- Advocate for the importance of user-centered design and consumer quality experiences on the team and within the greater organization.
Your Professional Profile:
- Passion to design excellent web interfaces for humans
- 5+ years of professional experience in digital design, with a focus on web design
- Strong portfolio of web design and user experience design work.
- Ability to rapidly conceive, visualize and iterate design solutions in a shared environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Experience Design, Interaction Design, Architecture, Information Design, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience designing and shipping digital consumer facing web sites
- Experience designing for diverse audiences of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
- Experience working on a distributed team
- Experience using web accessibility tools
- Experience supporting A/B tests or user tests
About The Team
The Marketing Websites Team is a 10-person cross-functional team in the marketing organization delivering web and digital experiences that tell the Mozilla and Firefox story. We build high-quality web sites and content, quickly, because we build and maintain systems to support agility and speed. We work in the open, sharing and explaining in-progress work.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.