Group Product Manager
San Francisco, CA
At Segment, we strive to give customers the tools they need to collect, govern, synthesize and act on all the pieces of their customer data. We’ve recently joined forces with Twilio, the world’s leading cloud communication platform that enables businesses to engage customers across channels - SMS, voice, video, WhatsApp, email and more. We’re hiring a Group Product Manager to lead a team of product managers and our portfolio of core solutions that cut across our offering, including Billing & Entitlements, Pricing & Packaging, and overseeing the core experience for both enterprise and unmanaged accounts. You will drive significant impact that grows our business, by leading the implementation of a key CEO-sponsored overhaul of our Billing, Pricing & Packaging this year. You’ll be working with a talented team of product managers, engineers, designers, and more to bring your products to life.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a product portfolio within a product area and have responsibility for conceptualizing, setting overall product strategy and execution.
- Hire and manage a great team of product managers.
- Engage closely with Engineering & Design teams to help determine the best user experience, technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
- Launch and develop new products on a regular basis, working closely with marketing and GTM teams to achieve growth targets.
Who We’re Looking For:
- You are a strategic thinker with a strong product sense. You’re able to distill a lot different signals into a clear plan of action.
- You’re a player-coach, who enjoys taking on your own projects while being a great manager
- You are a strong communicator. From pitching our leadership team on what customers need to see from our products, to spec-ing a feature with a partner, you’re able to thoughtfully and clearly explain fundamental reasons behind your decisions.
- You are comfortable working with cross-functional stakeholders and drive deep customer relationships.
- You can inspire and run a tight ship, organizing a robust stream of work into cohesive, incremental releases.
- You are not just comfortable with data, you have a passion for it.
- You have customer empathy and center them in your decisions.
- You thrive in and will grow a positive culture of inclusivity.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Unique opportunity to re-envision the core of our product experience for how customers. control and understand their data on the Segment platform.
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who love working on hard problems.
- The opportunity to manage multiple adjacent product areas.
- A strong partnership with design, engineering, stakeholders, and our customers to build.
- By joining a company that is already the market leader in both Customer Data Platforms and Communication Platforms, you’ll help lead the digital transformation that empowers companies across the globe to create best-in-class customer engagement and experiences which create remarkable customer value and satisfaction.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience, 2+ years of people management experience.
- Experience creating product roadmap(s) from conception to launch, driving product vision, defining go-to-market strategy and leading design discussions.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, including product management, engineering, UX/UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing. Understanding of go-to-market commerce enablers (e.g., billing, payments, subscriptions, etc.).
- Ability to achieve strategic goals and evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends in an innovative and fast-paced environment. Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Bonus Points (Preferred qualifications):
- Master's degree in Science or Business.
- Experience with managing products for software developers.
- Product experience with large-scale systems.
- Development experience using various desktop, mobile app, and integration frameworks.
- You are a Segment user and champion. You are familiar with our product and have seen it drive key business results and transformational change at companies.
- You have worked on internal systems and integrated partner solutions for billing & entitlements, pricing & packaging for both self serve and sales-led contracts
- Experience as an engineer, data analyst, or technical project manager
Job tags: Engineering Product management Research User experience
Job region(s): North America