Mr D Food - Product Owner (Growth)
Mr D Food, a division of takealot.com, is looking for a highly talented Product Owner (Growth) - Mid-Level to join our team in Cape Town.
The Product team at Mr D Food is passionate about creating experiences that satisfy & delight our customers, while ensuring we continuously acquire and retain customers to exceed our growth objectives. As a Growth Product Owner you will be responsible for driving the execution and on time delivery of growth features and conversion rate optimisations within the Mr D Food apps. You will work cross-functionally across our product, UX, engineering and growth teams to design, implement, launch and measure features that have a direct impact on the growth of Mr D Food.
This position reports to the Growth Product Manager.
- Manage the execution and rollout of growth related features in the Mr D Food customer facing apps. This includes the entire product development cycle from design, implementation, testing and launch to success metric monitoring.
Note: The growth remit includes but is not limited to: Email marketing, In App messaging, push notifications, CRM, digital performance marketing, promotions, brand marketing, SEO, in app merchandising and advertising, as well as all channel tracking and attribution.
- Collaborate and communicate cross functionally across product, UX, engineering and growth teams to ensure quality execution and timely delivery of growth and conversion rate optimisation features.
- Gather business requirements and act as the primary link between business stakeholders and the engineering team.
- Write detailed product specification documents to define the business needs and requirements for our engineering teams (i.e define objectives and success metrics, document business rules, define epics/user stories, write acceptance criteria and design wireframes).
- Maintain and prioritise the product growth backlog through collaboration with multiple business stakeholders and senior management.
- Collaborate closely with data analysts to monitor and analyse product metrics in order to identify opportunities for conversion rate optimisations and features that will drive product growth.
- Own and maintain the accuracy of analytics instrumentation (i.e in app events), to ensure product analytics is reliable for the business to generate actionable insights.
- Support the growth team by ensuring customer data points reflect correctly in the CRM and marketing attribution platforms.
- Able to prioritise and cope with competing priorities under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes less-structured, and constantly changing environment.
- Able to take initiative in ambiguous situations, by identifying critical problems and driving solutions with the relevant people.
- Very data driven and should be comfortable to make data driven decisions and be able to extract business insights from data.
- Solution oriented, accountable and highly self motivated with a robust can do attitude.
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done (not scared to get hands dirty)
- Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
- Great people skills (Proficiency to work closely and collaboratively with multiple departments and executives, and in cross-functional teams).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Eagerness to experiment, learn and grow.
Key Skills & Experience
- At least 3+ years minimum experience as a Product Owner or similar role in a tech/mobile application company with a history of growth (Preferably in an eCommerce and mobile environment).
- Tertiary education degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Information Systems or relevant industry experience in a similar field would be beneficial.
- Proven track record of delivering world-class software products.
- Proven ability to formulate and manage a detailed product roadmap.
- Proven track record of collaborating and communicating effectively with engineering teams and business stakeholders to deliver product features.
- Excellent understanding of conversion rate optimisation and funnel analysis.
- Excellent understanding of the mobile app development cycle.
- Experience with analysing data and making data driven product decisions. (SQL or GBQ experience beneficial)
- Experience with product analytics tools such as Firebase, Google Analytics or Amplitude would be beneficial.
- Experience with Invision, Balsamiq, Sketch or similar tools for wireframing/designing solutions.
- Understanding of the mobile app ecosystem and the importance of acquisition and retention in the app economy.
- Basic understanding of technology stacks, databases, APIs and IP technologies.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Google Suite, JIRA, Slack, and comfortable with learning new applications as required.
- Employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of being the leading food delivery player in South Africa
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve
- We are short on ego and high on output
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it is all in the execution after all
- We love what we do and what we are creating
- We seek to Employ an Extraordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for Mr D Food
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Mr D Food is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference