Junior Product Manager
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us on our mission to change education around the world. We’re a rapidly growing startup and are looking for a Junior Product Manager to help take our TSG Education product suite to the next level.
Who we are?
Xplor and QK Technologies have recently joined forces to become an international team of over 150 people hailing from offices in Melbourne, Brisbane and London. Being part of the TSG Group and their Education vertical, both our brands share the passion for education and innovative technology and want to support those who make it great.
Our product suite is changing education by helping childcare services and educators easily manage and automate all aspects of their operations, as well as by connecting parents with their children's well-being and growth.
What will I be doing as Junior Product Manager?
- Work across the TSG Education product suite including the QikKids and Xplor products
- Facilitate communication between internal teams to support the successful implementation of new products or features
- Managing the day to day interactions between the Success and Product team members to increase efficiency and collaboration.
- Analyse customer problems and help prioritise solutions while clearly communicating these to internal and external stakeholders.
- Write, plan, prioritise user stories
- Brief new product ideas into the development teams
- Conduct data collection and analysis to provide insights on specific customer issues
- Categorising support tickets and enhancing tagging functionality
- Be a proactive member of the company, helping cultivate a culture that reflects brand values
- Maintain broad knowledge of all company products, services and promotions
- Perform other job-related duties as required
What would make me a good candidate for this?
- 1 – 2 years previous experience in a technical or product role
- Some product management-related tertiary learning or qualifications
- Proactive, self-motivated learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- Motivated by a fast paced, high pressure environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values: Be Humble, Obsess Over Others, Think Deeply Move Quickly, and Embrace Change
What it means to work for us
You get to be a part of redefining the education sector and have a chance to make a real impact every single day you come to work. Some of the other perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn, with accelerated career development for high performers
- A collaborative, flat structured team environment with people who truly love what they do
- Regular social activities and celebrations
- 10 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave benefit
- 3 days paid Volunteer Leave per year
- $1500 individual yearly L&D budget
- Childcare discounts, mental health support
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote working from anywhere in the world for 8 weeks per year for all roles
- Discounts to study an MBA in Innovation and Leadership
- Discounts on tech from Apple and JB Hi-Fi
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "Productrocket" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Dean (Talent Engagement Specialist).
Individuals seeking employment at our company are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please also note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check as part of their employment.