Associate Product Manager
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Associate Product Manager to join our dynamic, dedicated Mathematics team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Great Minds is seeking a Product Manager responsible for interacting with external customers, partners, and internal stakeholders across the organization to ensure teams work on the right products, include the highest value scenarios, and deliver these solutions to meet the market need. To accomplish this, the Mathematics Product Management Team acts as a hub and interfaces across the entirety of Great Minds to ensure clear and consistent communication of objectives and decisions.
Product Managers at Great Minds are as comfortable discussing priorities in an engineering backlog as they are leading a sales presentation for customers. Their flexibility and connectedness are essential to managing numerous competing workstreams and stakeholders. Most importantly, Product Managers are the voice of the customer and bring a combination of qualitative and quantitative data sets to support prioritization between and within product development.
- Deeply understand customer, partner, and internal group drivers to identify and scope products and priorities that improve customer satisfaction, business performance, and user experience.
- Ensure product offerings meet performance expectations for consistency, accuracy, and timeliness of delivery. Use judgment, subject matter expertise, and proven methodologies to minimize and mitigate risk throughout development.
- Use voice of customer frameworks and metrics to identify trends and influences across multiple customers, partners, and internal groups.
- Research the competitive landscape including deep dives into key competitors and read shifts in customer preferences to inform product development, messaging and positioning.
- Partner with Implementation Success, Sales, and Marketing to ensure success across Go to Market activities for each new product or feature launch.
- 3+ years of experience delivering products in K-12 education with a proven track record of success
- A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across an organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams
- Business-savvy and strategic, and can deftly manage cross-organizational projects that require a sophisticated level of sensitivity and excellent judgment
- A passion for math and the importance it holds within the K-12 educational system
- A natural collaborator equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership
- Self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments, detail-oriented and thorough
- Bachelor’s degree
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.