Lead UX Researcher
Course Hero is scaling. We aspire to be one of the most customer-centric companies in the world. To help us achieve this ambition, our Research and Design team is looking for a Lead User Experience Researcher who understands our users and develops meaningful insights, to ground our current products and inform the future. You’re a hands-on researcher with deep knowledge of human need, motivation and behavior. You have demonstrated solid skills to work collaboratively across teams, and a proven track record of success in driving user insights into improved user experience, including lasting products and services. You will collaborate on some of the most exciting and critical questions we have about our users, including our students, educators, and tutors.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Partner with leadership in product management, design, marketing, analytics, and engineering to understand our users and define how our products can best meet their needs and solve their problems
- Help define and prioritize the user problems we need to solve, as well as conceptualize and evaluate the solutions by which we solve them
- Synthesize user insights established both inside and outside the research team, including collaboration with the customer support team, educator partnerships team, on-campus student team and research vendors
- Demonstrate qualitative and quantitative data to build thoughtful experiences that meet user, business and technological needs
Are you our next Lead User Experience Researcher ?
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, Education, Information Science, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of professional experience conducting and leading user research for products and services across web, mobile web and mobile apps
- Track record of driving measurable business results and customer value through thorough user research
- Experience delivering insights about end users into the product design and development process, both for the design of brand-new products and for the redesign of existing products
- Deep experience transforming ambiguous business opportunities and challenges into actionable user research questions, findings, and recommendations which help identify areas with the highest potential for impact
- Confidence with the full range of qualitative research methods, including selecting the most effective methods for a given product or business situation. Modify and refine established methods to solve real user problems.
- Experience with guiding teams who are iterating on products and services post-launch based on user data and insights
- Ability to communicate neutrally, empathically and comfortably with a broad range of people
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver concise and meaningful analyses and presentations
- Master or Ph.D. in a related field to UX Research
- Deep understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during various product phases
- Research expertise in survey design, experiment design, competitive benchmarking, trend analysis, log analysis, data analysis, data visualization
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full private medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement savings program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings
- Team lunches
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Social responsibility program (volunteer hours and donation matching program)
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.