Staff UX/Frontend Engineer
Remote (United States or Canada)
At CircleCI, we enable thousands of developers to do better work every day. Providing best-in-breed Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery is our mission, and we’re looking for experienced UX/frontend engineers to help with that.
As a technical leader in our Design System team, you will design and build beautiful, accessible, reusable UI components that define our user experience. You will mentor colleagues and provide technical direction to the team. You’ll also collaborate daily with dedicated colleagues across North America and western Europe.
This is a full-time role at the Staff Engineer level.
What You’ll Do:
- Take the lead in designing and implementing a design system for the CircleCI web application.
- In partnership with product designers create delightful UI components that are easy to use across the CircleCI web application.
- Work closely with engineering teams and other stakeholders to simplify the existing UI codebase and configure the system for scalability
- Continuously improve our user experience.
- Create documentation and guidelines for different consumers — including internal backend and frontend engineers, project managers, external clients, and CircleCI’s users.
- Help set the direction of our product: learn about our business problems, explore solutions, weigh design tradeoffs, write effective user stories, and prioritize them to deliver maximum value in a sustainable, incremental fashion.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of professional frontend development experience
- Engineers with strong component and design systems knowledge. You’re not a designer, but you have the ability to take a designer’s vision and bring it to life in a stable, well-tested and forward-looking way.
- An understanding of the benefit unit and end to end tests bring to the frontend.
- A leader who can model best practices in both software development as well as team participation.
- A nurturing team member who can help grow junior developers in their career
We’re Particularly Interested In People Who:
- Have worked in creating design systems in the past
- Work transparently and collaboratively within a distributed team.
- Favor regular, incremental delivery over perfection.
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for themselves and their teams.
- Are excited about ensuring that all of our systems—software and human—scale smoothly.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.