Sr. Director, Product Marketing - API
Hub Office or Remote
Senior Director, API Product Marketing
Vonage Marketing Mission: We are a highly creative, energetic and results-oriented organization that produces and delivers the content Vonage needs to entice, educate, engage with and sell to customers around the world. We connect with the external marketplace through all media including print, digital and social. Our team leverages deep industry, market and customer data into actionable insights and marketing strategies. We are creative and collaborative, striving to translate how Vonage’s products and services can meet the needs of our current and future customers.
Why this role matters:
Product Marketing develops marketing plans for products and product lines, enhancing and distinguishing Vonage within the competitive arena. We oversee market research, monitor competitive activity and partner with internal stakeholders to generate product-specific positioning and materials that speak to diverse customer segments. The Director, Product Marketing, directs Product Marketing activities to broaden, improve and optimize marketing efforts.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…
What you will do:
- Work closely with Marketing, Product and business leaders to understand new products, new business initiatives and other changes that require evolution in Product Marketing support.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to develop new communication approaches, channels, media or methods of integration.
- Identify new target markets and partners, determine compatibility of business relationships and develop implementation and performance reporting plans.
- Lead team efforts to design, develop and deliver new and creative material for marketing, product launch and enhanced communication efforts.
- Work closely with other corporate functions (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, Retail, Customer Care and Legal) to ensure the smooth integration of new partners, processes and programs.
- Oversee the full range of Product Marketing activity, including:
- Working with product, marketing and other internal stakeholders to understand product capabilities, marketing and campaign objectives,
- Developing key messages and identifying target audiences,
- Identifying appropriate media and communications channels,
- Ensuring effective content development,
- Ensuring content and messaging consistency between channels and platforms,
- Monitoring campaign effectiveness,
- Creating and sharing reports and insights with management.
- Deliver innovative, best-practice and potentially game-changing programs to outperform the competition and significantly enhance Vonage’s success and profitability.
- Apply broad knowledge of Vonage products and capabilities, and knowledge of the competitive environment, to identify and recommend optimal product positioning and messaging.
- Own external-facing product launch processes for new products and capabilities, targeted toward current and potential Vonage customers.
- Leverage market insight to oversee development and execution of relevant, compelling and scalable content / awareness / demand programs, sales enablement tools and customer-facing assets.
- Monitor marketing execution and customer feedback to guide not only future marketing efforts but also product design and development.
- Drive process improvement efforts to improve program effectiveness and efficiency.
What you will bring:
- Experience leading or managing marketing and/or creative staff.
- Advanced understanding of the full range of products and services provided by Vonage Business.
- Advanced understanding of the full range of marketing channels available to make Vonage products more visible, accessible and appealing to current and potential customers.
- Strong understanding of how partnerships and alliances work to the mutual benefit of Vonage and partner companies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing, speaking and listening'
- Ability to:
- Consult with business leaders on product marketing and operational issues, trends and challenges
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to clarify business and performance expectations
- Apply judgment to prioritize activity and address the most pressing partner / marketing needs
- Integrate trends, data and information into forecasts, plans, models and recommendations
- Tailor communication approach to specific situations and audiences
- Define, clarify and resolve the tension between Vonage and partner business priorities.
What is required for application:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Prior leadership experience.
What is in it for you:
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position.