Sr. UX Researcher
Remote AMER: San Francisco, Vancouver
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
- I’m responsible for research that feeds the strategy, design, and development of all our web and mobile products.
- I create understanding and empathy around user needs for the entire product team including UX designers, product managers, and engineers.
- I work together with other UX designers, product managers, and engineers to create state of the art products and features.
- I help identify our customers’ needs and pain points, to make strategic recommendations that help them better navigate mobile data, and app economy at large.
How will you be doing this?
- You will drive the complete research process for the company, exploring the needs, behaviors, emotions and motivations of our users through methods like usability testing, ethnography, logs analysis, surveys, interviews, and field visits.
- You will design and conduct research that will help us to create useful, usable, and delightful products and features for our customers.
- You will lead the UX research discipline for the company, and will steward the best practices, methodologies, and processes for the rest of the UX design team to follow.
- You’ll influence and inspire change at all stages of the product development process by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings.
- You will be working with a global, distributed team, managing applications that support multiple languages
- You are self driven and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
What should you bring to the party?
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Deep experience conducting customer or prospect interviews, contextual field visits, and usability studies (live or remote, i.e. usertesting.com).
- Broad understanding of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience in survey design (e.g. Qualtrics).
- Self-motivated and execution-oriented. Ability to deliver work at a high level of quality in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Excellent communication skills, with strong ability to synthesize and communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing
- You have good business sense; you understand how UX impacts business KPI’s.
- Nice to have: Workshop planning and facilitation experience.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the work you do. You just make it happen. Boom!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and perks
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations (Utrecht, Beijing, San Francisco & more!)
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Home Internet allowance to help cover a secure, stable internet connection
- WFH Equipment Allowance to ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues
About App Annie
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. The company created the mobile app data market and has been fueling world-class, mobile-first businesses since 2010. App Annie’s mission is to power B2C companies’ mobile transformation and enable clients to deliver winning consumer experiences. More than 1,000 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the gold standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 11 offices worldwide.
***PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PORTFOLIO WHEN YOU APPLY***