Senior Product Designer
London, England, United Kingdom
As the Senior Product Designer of a fast-growing tech scale-up, you will be responsible for turning ideas into perfectly executed product prototypes and features, for both Wi5’s Order & Pay consumer and operator facing solution. You will also create beautiful bespoke user interfaces across multiple projects simultaneously. You will be passionate about all things design, with the ability to demonstrate this through your work and when communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
At Wi5, we are building an industry-leading “Order and Pay” application alongside tooling and integrations to make the process seamless for merchants and venue owners.
Our mission is to drag the hospitality industry into the 21st century by making mobile payments the new norm. We make going out for dinner or drinks with your friends and colleagues more efficient and even more fun. Instead of waiting at the bar, you can order drinks directly to your table.
- Responsible for the rapid production of high-fidelity prototypes, customising any of our core products, keeping true to the brand of each of our business customers
- Work closely with the Creative Director And Product Manager to come with ideas and solve user problems
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with our Product and Engineering teams, including the adjustment of specs and deliverables to meet product requirements and limitations.
- Work across multiple web-based projects.
- Work on mobile-first products
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, user journeys and personas.
- Work with the Product, Engineering and Delivery teams to bring new product features to life
- Work closely with our UX Designer & Researcher and utilise a variety of testing techniques to inform and validate the direction of your design.
- Keep abreast of competitors’ products and industry trends.
Skills & Experience
- Desirable 4+ years of experience in UI and design and Sketch
- Experience on working on digital products such as Native or Web Apps
- Excellent organisational and time management skills make you adept at working to tight deadlines.
- Ensure all designs are, aesthetically excellent and accessibility compliment.
- Always keep the user in mind and work on design flows
- Create Design Systems from scratch
- Experience working in an agile team and following best practices of product design such as with A/B testing
- Understand brand guidelines and maintaining brand consistency throughout the products.
- Have an understanding of and appreciation for the context, medium, and platforms you’re designing for
- Constantly, looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, whether through hands-on user research or designing options for multi-variant testing.
- Proficient in industry-standard tools for producing designs, assets and clickable prototypes; including Sketch, Figma or Invision
- Fluent in current UX best practice and usability principles, interaction and UI design trends.
- Good understanding of front-end development to inform high quality, implementable solutions
We want to ensure team members are comfortable, creative and happy; we’ve curated a market-leading benefits package, including:
- Mission, spot and company-wide bonuses
- Unlimited paid holiday
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Share options through an EMI scheme
- Sick pay and long term illness cover
- Life assurance cover
- Critical illness cover
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan for dental, optics, etc.
- Training budget
- Career progression planning