Senior Product Designer
Remote - Porto, Porto District, Portugal
Pixelmatters is a digital product design and development company.
Our mission is to empower businesses to achieve their full potential by creating top-quality digital products, while fostering great relationships along the way. We envision a world where great user experience is the norm, not the exception, inspiring businesses and people to be at their best.
We’re looking for you — a highly autonomous, proactive and experienced Senior Product Designer. An effective communicator, with both the strategy skills to come up with great solutions to complex design problems but also able to communicate the rationale behind them to both clients and internal teams. They know how to position themselves depending on the situation and challenge at hands, building trust with their surroundings.
Your role will focus on Strategy, UX and UI to create user-centered experiences tailored for diverse businesses. You'll work on a variety of projects in a constant collaborative environment, from our internal team to external stakeholders. You'll lead design initiatives, advocate for our clients' goals, and be a strong voice of design within the company.
Some of your day-to-day tasks will include creating flow maps, wireframes, designing beautiful interfaces for both Web and Mobile, collaborating on strategic design decisions, documenting your designs for handoff, providing design support to fellow team members as well as communicating with clients and presenting your designs.
You are an ambassador of Pixelmatters culture, lead by example, and, on top of everything, someone with pride and passion for what you do.
- At least 5 years of relevant design experience in a technology company
- Strategic mindset, able to identify opportunities and work your design decisions around stakeholders strategic goals, business model and user needs
- Ability to think at a high level at every step of the way, understanding how to provide maximum impact with low effort and not simply by executing
- Ability to drive forward both strategic and execution-oriented projects on multiple platforms, such as Mobile, Marketing Websites and WebApps
- Ability to understand feedback clearly, deconstruct requirements and interpret research, translating them into simple and intuitive designs
- Capable of providing direct and valuable feedback to fellow designers on the team, helping them grow their different skills
- Proficiency with Figma and/or Sketch, familiar with prototyping tools and Zeplin
- Portfolio of relevant UX and UI design work, including strategic-oriented projects
- Good understanding of English and Portuguese (written and spoken)
It would be awesome if you also have...
- Ability to create interactive prototypes using Principle or similar tools
- Illustration skills
- Experience as a Lead Designer within a team and/or projects
- Quality-driven, inspiring and collaborative work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance
- For now, you’ll be working fully remote. Over 2021, we’ve planned opening a new office located at Porto’s downtown. You’ll then be able to decide where to work from.