Senior Product Designer, Private Equity
San Francisco, California, United States
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
Today, we are a diverse team of 15 individuals. Our team is diverse in multiple axes: gender, nationality, technical specialization, and other quirks — this our strength. In such an environment, trust and humility are of utmost importance. We obsess over our customers' experience, and leverage design thinking to help set the direction of our products and the company. We are biased toward action and believe in the mantra of build -> measure -> learn.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Zero to one, help build Carta’s next billion dollar business.
Carta grew through helping Corporations in the Venture Capital market fix their Cap Tables. In a big market with a clear problem, Henry and the early eShares team built the de facto Cap Table solution for Venture. Today, we have over 15,000 happy customers including some of the world’s most notable technology companies.
Now, we’re going after Private Equity, a market we think is 10 times bigger than Venture. We’re starting with helping LLCs manage equity. Then we’ll expand by offering modeling tools and reporting tools for Private Equity firms. Ultimately, we will expand into other asset classes as the business grows.
As a Senior Product Designer on our team, you will:
- Convert complex, multi-user, transactional offline processes into delightful self-service products
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and test plans for your features
- Participate in weekly design reviews and act as a mentor for junior designers
- Design to consistently scale and leverage shareable components for web and mobile applications
We are looking for a strong designer to envision the future of private equity. Someone who can drive ideation, prioritization, problem solving, and design delivery. If you are passionate about building intuitive solutions to complex problems that drive direct value to users, we would love to talk with you. In addition, we’re prioritizing:
Successful Carta product designers:
- Demonstrate Ownership & Impact: Several (3-5) years experience leading design on Product Design team for desktop or mobile. An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: b2b/enterprise product design, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
- Understand Scope & Complexity: Leverages design experience to simplify complex problems to their essential elements. Knows how to create simple and elegant design solutions to complicated problems.
- Maintain Design Craft & Quality: Creates high quality solutions to problems. Understands how to move problems through the ideation, iteration, and shipping cycle. Has the tools and frameworks to deliver best-in-class design solutions.
- Demonstrate Autonomy & Leadership: Doesn’t stay stuck. When faced with difficult challenges finds a way to keep moving things forward. Maybe that means finding helpful data or trying a new approach. Design isn’t static, it’s constant motion and this designer doesn’t need to be given directions.
- Practice Communication & Collaboration: Works well across stakeholder groups of all backgrounds: sales, marketing, engineering, product, etc. Communicates why design decisions were made and how they help deliver great user experiences.
- Understand Vision & Strategy: In addition to understanding a user’s problems today, Carta product designers also have an eye to the future: what will a user want in a year? In 5 years? How can we constantly challenge ourselves to innovate?
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.