Product Designer - Investor Experience
The Product Design team at Addepar is looking for a product designer with strong visual design skills to join our team in building intuitive, best-in-class user experiences.
As a Product Designer focusing on our investor experience, you will be working on our customizable responsive web client portal and mobile apps that not only provide investors access to their financial information anytime and anywhere, but also facilitate the digital communication between the financial advisors and their clients.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, content strategists, and other cross-functional stakeholders through all stages of the design process and product development lifecycle to build out compelling, intuitive, and scalable solutions.
- Lead all design aspects of a project from start to finish with high quality deliverables that communicate design directions and details effectively.
- Elevate Addepar’s product experience through outstanding displays of data visualization and interaction design.
- Conduct research to gain deep understanding of the problem space and empathy in user needs through both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Be an advocate for the users; influence high-level product decisions, prioritization, strategies, and roadmaps with user-centered mindset.
- Be an engaging member of a cross-functional agile product team, focus on achieving business outcomes, and push for continuous process improvements to consistently deliver value to our clients.
- Contribute to the evolution and adoption of the Addepar Product Language design system.
- Seek out and embrace feedback from your peers and stakeholders while providing thoughtful feedback to your team.
Knowledge & Skills:
- 4+ years of experience working in the field of Product Design, Interaction Design, or UI/UX Design.
- A portfolio showcasing solid user-centered design practice, interaction and visual design craftsmanship, and prototyping skills that result in usable, useful, and delightful web and mobile experience.
- Solid understanding of user interface design patterns, visual design principles, and best practices for responsive web and mobile applications.
- Ability to translate complex sets of requirements into elegant and scalable design solutions.
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for consistency.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills.
- A self-starter and a team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Experience building or contributing to design systems.
- Experience working with Figma, our preferred design tool.
- Experience in the finance industry is not required but a huge plus.
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics, and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. The company’s platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and in 2018 received Morgan Stanley’s Fintech Award for making a significant impact on the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City.
Addepar is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to building together and to do that best, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.