Halifax, Nova Scotia, CA
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
The CIC NS is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide – for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
We are very focused on continuous skill development – staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development.
The qualified candidate will have proven experience in working on complex programs and will have demonstrated the following:
* Coach teams in Agile concepts, principles, practices and behaviors
* Perform Scrum Master role, including daily stand ups, scrum of scrums, retrospectives, backlog grooming, risk/issue management, etc.
* Identify issues, risks, and recommendations of Agile teams and operating models
* Develop learning plans to elevate teams to higher levels of maturity and effectiveness
* Support practitioners and projects, identifying areas for improvement, developing improvement plans and working with individuals and teams to implement those improvements
* Present and support Agile education and training activities as required
* Strong facilitation and communication skills. Utilize facilitation skills to engage and include all team members and encourage a collaborative approach to completing tasks.
* Lead creative problem solving via design thinking and other collaborative problem solving processes
* Expertise with the use of Agile project management tools. Ability to assist the team, as needed, to build skills of planning, goal setting, organizing and delivering through collaborative effort.
* Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
* Experience of working with distributed teams and vendors
* Able to provide suggestions and guidance when assisting the team with working through blockers, risks and opportunities for improvement.
* Ability to mentor and coach at the individual, team and project level.
* Collaborate and leverage contacts in the wider Agile community to deliver the best possible outcomes for clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 2 years of Agile delivery experience and SAFe certification is a plus
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4 years of Agile delivery experience and SAFe certification is a plus
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Design thinking Research Scrum
Job region(s): North America