Senior Product Designer, Growth
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
What we are looking for
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer who is curious about customers and passionate about data-driven design. We are looking for someone with an appetite for validating ideas by running research and interpreting quantitative & qualitative data for each project. You are practiced at testing designs in small chunks to uncover insights and validate hypotheses at high speed – this ability will be a crucial component to your success. Your creative efficiency will help you navigate uncertainty. You also stop at nothing to create elegant solutions based on your clearly defined concepts. Your role is based in our Dublin office, reporting to the Senior Director of Design in the US. By joining this team, you will fill a crucial role in the Product – Engineering – Design triad and will help us build our strategy to improve growth & conversion.
If this describes you then join our amazing Dublin team to create compelling experiences and deliver impact.
- Enjoy being hands-on with interaction design, visual design, prototyping and customer research – taking problems from concept to implementation, quickly and iteratively
- Obsess over details – UI consistency, micro-interactions, even project plans
- Know how to build relationships with peers and partners, with practiced ability to promote agreement across teams
- Data-driven – whether it's analyzing qualitative data to uncover insights or creating variations of a design for A/B testing, you balance user-centricity with an understanding of the data and business goal
- You jump in on whatever task the team needs to deliver growth with speed and thoughtfulness
- Appreciate feedback – you will give it, receive it, seek it out through facilitation of critiques and retrospectives
- Care about the impact of the products you design, not just the design outcome
- Empower and inspire your teammates by sharing expertise and partnership
- 5+ years of experience (experience on a Growth team an asset)
- Work thoughtfully across the product design life cycle, with experience guiding and leading groups of designers or teams, including Product Management, Engineering, Data Analysts, Marketing, User Research, Content Strategy and Localization
- Craft clear points of view balancing business metrics and the user's experience
- Cleanly and quickly produce quality design concepts based on feedback
- Experienced at creating a cohesive experiences, both consuming and contributing to a centralized design system
- Tailor your design process to the situation, anticipate obstacles to chart a course forward
- Thoughtfully articulate design criteria, and tell a clear experience story through your design solutions
- Experienced with Sketch, Figma, Invision, Creative Suite, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS. You can adopt new tools, designs and technology into your work and teach them to others.
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
- Portfolio showcasing examples of design work. (Growth related preferred)
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.