Senior Product Owner
New York, NY
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As a Senior Product Owner, you’ll report to the Director of Product, and take complete ownership of critical business KPIs and will be expected to add real value to our end customers and internal stakeholders, in order to allow for faster growth and market expansion. You will be the customer voice of the scrum team and work closely with delivery teams to translate vision and ideas into features, detailed requirements and acceptance criteria. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver. Ability to focus on the highest value initiatives, identify solutions, and make quick decisions are core skill sets to this position.
You will …
- Support the creation of the product vision and roadmap, while providing clear direction to a cross-functional, agile team of Engineers, Product Designers, and Technical Program Managers
- Assess and make recommendations on business opportunities for improvement in automation and efficiency of our Operations
- Work closely with senior leaders and our global team, while taking a data-driven approach, to prioritize the product backlog according to the business value and ROI
- Partner with Technical Program Managers to plan product releases
- Research, define and recommend solid specifications of features for new and current products
- Help develop product vision for the Scrum teams.
- Manage and groom the product backlog, create actionable user stories, write and execute acceptance tests while defining acceptance criteria.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings and influence sprint goals and commitments.
- Collect and analyze feedback from internal stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products.
- Make creative recommendations to expand the product base and vision.
You are …
- Experienced in building automations and tools for internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable being the point of contact for senior and global stakeholders
- Aware of agile methodologies of software development (kanban & scrum)
- Great with communication skills in English, both oral and written
- A data-driven thinker
- Experienced in building software for Operations & Supply Chain
At a minimum, you have …
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or, equivalent
- 4+ years of product management experience and experience with Agile framework methodology.
- Track record of creative problem solving and the desire to influence new products.
- You have an innate ability to put yourself in the stakeholders’ shoes and develop products with their needs in mind.
- Demonstrated experience eliciting feedback from customers and stakeholders through interviews, surveys, testing, and other discovery methods and distilling the results into action items.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and influencing the organization.
- Experience as a business owner for a broad platform of projects and operating as the go-to resource for the engineering organization, customer support team, and all stakeholders.
- Experience in product lifecycle management.
- Experience managing multiple projects and balancing priorities.
You’ll get …
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company-sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.