Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
The Product Owner will manage Engineering team tasks and backlogs at the sprint level. This includes managing multiple backlogs, sprint planning routines, stand ups and retrospectives through the agile development process. This individual will clear blockers in the sprint, communicate out new feature releases, bug fixes and maintain backlogs that support the product roadmaps.
What You’ll Do:
- Take the lead of Agile teams as the Product Owner during daily stand ups, backlog grooming, planning and sprint iterations.
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prepared tasks to work on based on the roadmap strategy set by the Product Manager
- Plan and prioritize sprint backlog for the upcoming sprint
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Defines the User Acceptance Criteria on new features
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value, road mapor ROI
- Lead the product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Create documentation and training materials for newly released features
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Communicate out completed features, bugs and issues to stake holders and the product manager
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Demonstrate a strategic mindset; understanding how products are impacting other work being done within the organization
- Lead the evaluation of completed sprints, retrospectives and assessment of results
- Pursue learning and personal development activities
- Build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of staff, technical and non-technical
- Other duties as assigned to further mission and vision of the team
What We Require:
- 3+years of experience in managing cross functional products or projects
- Understanding and practice of the fundamentals outlined in the agile manifesto and scrum oriented product processes
- Energetic self-starter who seeks out opportunities to help others succeed with their projects
- Currently hold or are interested in pursuing training to become a Certified Product Owner (scrum)
- Superb attention to detail and quality control
- Outstanding organization and time management
- Excellent communication and experience communicating to stakeholders
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues, vendors, clients, and management and be able to translate complicated information clearly concisely for colleagues and clients
- Knowledge of marketing, advertising platforms and editorial processes are a plus
What’s In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: flexible paid time off, medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k plus match, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
Digital Trends is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage, value and honor diversity.