Senior UX Researcher, Payments & Billing
Do you believe that creators should get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers exclusive content and community experiences for creators with established followings. Patreon provides creators with the insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energising their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Sr. UX Researcher to lead product research for our Payments and Billing experience with a focus on global expansion.
You will bring a strong foundation in UX Research methods, flexibility, and the ability to help teams drive towards decision making. We seek someone that is an eager collaborator and has experience working cross-functionally (Design, Data Science, Product Management, Market Research, Eng, Operations, etc.).
What you will do:
- Establish Patreon’s research function in our Dublin office and be a key part of the research team’s foundation
- Drive business and product decisions based on Research
- Uncover and validate new product opportunities
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of experience OR a relevant graduate degree and 3+ years of experience
- The ability to work with a great degree of autonomy
- Previous research experience for products that involve billing, account management, financial transactions, payments, or similar problem spaces
Bonus points for:
- The ability to conduct research in languages other than research
- A background in behavioural science and experimentation
- Experience conducting research with global audiences
- Expertise in survey design and analysis
- A passion for the creative economy
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us in changing creators’ lives, we’d love to talk.