Head of UX Research
202 Centre Street, New York, NY 10013, USA
We’re Onna: A passionate, hard-working team solving one of the biggest challenges facing today’s businesses — knowledge fragmentation. We’ve built the world’s first Knowledge Integration Platform to make enterprise knowledge more accessible, useful, and private. We help some of the world’s leading companies like Facebook, Slack, Electronic Arts, and Fitbit, to bring together fragmented knowledge from today’s most popular workplace applications. With our platform, teams can unify, protect, search, automate, and build on top of their organization’s proprietary knowledge, allowing them to leverage it in new and intuitive ways.
Onna is engaged in an active phase of growth and we are hiring across our offices in New York City, Barcelona, Raleigh-Durham, San Francisco, London & Toulouse. We are thrilled to be able to welcome new team members from across the world to a work environment which is lighthearted, fast-paced, exciting, and flexible. We provide our people with the tools, resources, and outstanding leadership to take their career to the next level. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
As our Head of UX Research, you will be an instrumental part of making Onna’s design beautiful and accessible for our users. You will lead our research strategy as a part of our wider Product team and work closely with designers, engineers and business stakeholders.
Who you are:
- You have 10+ years of experience conducting consumer-facing UX research
- You have 7+ years of experience managing a team of UX designers or researchers
- Users are a priority. You deeply consider user flows and interactions, how best to solve customer challenges, and how to prioritize accessibility.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and are able to articulate your findings to a range of audiences.
- Your skill and experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods are extensive, and you have an excellent sense of where in the product cycle they are best applied.
- You love data, and empowering others to use it effectively.
- You are skilled at finding nuance within complex challenges.
You value mentoring and growing your team, and providing thoughtful encouragement and critique.
Benefits we offer:
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Flexible vacation and PTO policies
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly group activities
- Commuter perks (location-specific)
- Dog-friendly office (location-specific)
About the product & Onna’s funding:
Our growing list of integrations includes the likes of G-Suite, Slack, Microsoft 365, Box, Dropbox and more. Our open API allows us to integrate with any cloud-based or on-premise platform, for optimal control and visibility into your most critical knowledge. Once connected to Onna, the potential use cases are limitless: Information Governance, eDiscovery, Compliance, Knowledge Management, are just a few ways Onna can empower organizations and their employees.
In 2019, we closed an $11M Series A led by Dawn Capital with the participation of our integration partners Slack Fund and Dropbox, and in 2020 we closed a $27M Series B led by Atomico with participation from Glynn Capital, as well as follow-up investments from Dawn Capital, Nauta Capital, and Slack Fund.
Onna is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have authorization to work in the location the position is posted.