Principal Design Researcher
Principal Design Researcher
We’re looking for a Principal Design Researcher to join our growing Customer Journey - Onboarding tribe in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission, grow as a design leader and help save millions more people money.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to understand the needs of people who use these products in order to provide them with a cheaper, easier and faster experience .
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Customer Journey - Onboarding Tribe
- Explore and understand how people move from curious to customers, and how TransferWise products enable these journeys
- Ensure discovery research is an essential part of tribe decision making and planning, defining research initiatives as well as the broader roadmap.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Fully own a complex space - you will lead and manage the development of complex studies, working across multiple teams to fully own an interconnected piece of the product. This means you can go deep and tackle the real customer problems while working side-by-side with product design, copy, engineering, and PMs
- Be the expert - You will be a sought out partner across the tribe for your understanding, helping others to grasp and speak to data and broader social themes and behaviours
- Grow the research practice - Tangibly improve the quality of both the research practices and outcomes, introducing new techniques and tools that have a broad and measurable impact
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal!
- You have demonstrable experience of a wide range of both generative and evaluative research methods and are comfortable initiating and running multi-national, immersive and long-term studies
- You’re a fantastic communicator and are able to not only share insights in manageable and simple ways, you also build working relationships which facilitate discussion and collaboration
- You have experience advising on product strategy, particularly research initiatives, and working with cross-discipline peers to define the roadmap
- You bring with you a rigorous research practice that puts you in an ideal position to advise and mentor others
- You’re able to work autonomously, but also within a team - whether that be your product tribe or the broader research team.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.