Director, Content and Product Marketing
New York City, NY
At Instacart we solve for the customer. That extends beyond the hundreds of thousands of consumers we serve and to the many leading and emerging consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies that want to shape how consumers perceive, shop, and stay loyal to their brands. Instacart’s Brand Partnerships team is focused on serving these clients through our native advertising platform. We are seeking a director of product and content marketing to help us meet new advertisers looking to disproportionately grow on the largest grocery ecommerce platform in North America. This person will drive adoption of and incremental revenue from Instacart’s ads tools by emerging and large CPG companies through both paid and earned media channels. They will do this by setting investment and content strategies, managing a team, measuring results, optimizing, and scaling tactics. The tools available may include, but are not limited to, SEM and SEO (in partnership with Consumer Marketing and Product teams), content development, email, web and live events. This person will enjoy the challenge of working in a multi-sided marketplace and seek to understand the second-order effects of how actions taken by each side shapes the others.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Drive adoption of Instacart’s native advertising platform by new and emerging consumer packaged goods (CPG) clients
- Drive incremental revenue growth from our Large, Emerging, and Agency Sales teams by owning the sales narrative development end-to-end. Understand barriers to trial, repeat, and budget sufficiency.
- Generate demand for Instacart advertising services by investing and optimizing resources across paid and earned channels.
- Determine channel strategy across email, paid advertising, digital and live events (conferences both owned and operated and as attendee or sponsor), and content. Set return on investment goals and other success metrics, measure performance, and evaluate success of content and strategy.
- Partner with our analytics and product teams to build a calendar of content that resonates with the multiple personas impacted by Instacart’s growth (e.g. campaign managers, buyers, and budget owners) -- from emerging brands just beginning their ecommerce journey to multinational, established advertisers and agencies
- Steer the creation of a new content marketing function responsible for driving awareness and inquiry from advertisers
- Collect feedback from our client facing teams on product enhancements and white space product opportunities and help shape the Instacart Ads product roadmap through collaboration with our Product, Engineering, and Design teams
- Collaborate with Instacart’s consumer-oriented Marketing team on joint media and bidding strategies on SEM, social, and affiliate marketing, as needed
- Required: ten years experience in B2B marketing for a digitally native platform. Preferred experience from eCommerce, digital advertising, or multi-sided marketplaces
- Has grown incremental revenue through generating inbound traffic and conversion using a mix of paid and earned media placements
- Has experience building a team of content and product marketers
- Has managed and optimized paid media campaigns for driving site visits, conversion, retention, and growth
- Has developed sales narratives for a B2B environment
- Comfortable with data, understanding ROI, and pivoting strategies
- Strong sense of business judgment and decision making with partial data
- Can present to and influence senior internal stakeholders up to and including President / C-suite of Instacart
Nice to Have…
- Have created, designed, and executed live events for a large audience of B2B customers (100 - 1000+ attendees)
- Experience working with or getting data from Salesforce / SalesLoft, Tableau, GoogleAds, and LinkedIn Advertising