Manchester, United Kingdom
Degree 53 are an award-winning digital agency based in Manchester that specialises in crafting user focused multi-channel websites, mobile apps and back-end solutions that deliver true value to our clients.
Our mission is to “improve the digital experience for all” so we’re looking for a UX Designer to join the team to help us achieve this goal by producing sleek, user centric designs across a range of products and devices.
We are looking for skilled individuals who share our values, to join our exceptionally talented Design team. We value collaboration and creativity and want everyone to come up with ideas on how to create the best products for our clients; new and existing.
We want someone to work closely within the project team to deliver on time and within budget to the high quality we strive for. You will need to understand the demands of working for an agency, delivering projects as well as being involved with proposals or supporting existing projects.
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
- Producing stunning UI Designs for client and internal projects.
- Producing eye-catching work for new business proposals and pitches.
- Helping to maintain and grow the Degree 53 brand.
- Taking part in and leading client meetings/workshops and advising on design best practices.
- You will work closely with the Design Director and will have regular design reviews and meetings to come up with creative solutions for different products.
- Following Degree 53’s design process you will sketch out solutions to complex problems, storyboard user journeys, producing ideas and concepts, produce high fidelity wireframes and prototype and/or test visual designs, depending on the scope of the project.
- You will work closely with a dedicated team from different departments to ensure the final product is delivered to a high standard and to agreed timescales.
- You will also carry out a full handover of final, signed-off designs to the development team and carry out regular design reviews with them to make sure the final product is pixel perfect and to the highest quality.
- Ability to work to client’s brand guidelines and create a new brand from scratch and everything in between.
- Taking part in a 5-day intense design sprint alongside Degree 53 team members and clients and being able to deliver a semi-functional prototype, accompanied with a summarized document within that timeframe.
What we expect
- You will have excellent attention to detail. This means your files and folder structures should be neat, tidy and can be picked up by anyone else within the team with ease.
- We expect you to stress test and thoroughly evaluate your work prior to it being presented in a design review and/or handed over to the development team.
- You will be able to effectively communicate ideas and solutions to different team members across the company.
- You will ensure the designs match the fully documented set of requirements.
- You must also be willing to learn industry standards, best practices and what customers expect.
- You will produce stunning UI designs that are of the highest quality and set the bar in terms of creativity and innovation.
- All your work must be organised and easily accessible by other team members (including Photoshop and Sketch layers). This is of the highest importance during the project as all final designs have to be fit for development.
- Being able to take on board constructive feedback and producing an improved solution is a must.
You will sit within the Design team and report to the Design Director.
The skills you should have
- All of our designs are built within Sketch so we’re looking for someone that is fully capable to use this tool and someone who can confidently use features such as creating nested symbols, using different plug-ins, adhering to colour palettes and style guides and naming layers and groups with correct terminology.
- Experience with using the Adobe CC Suite is also needed. The main tools we use are Photoshop and Illustrator so being able to use these also is a must in case any visual non-UI work needs creating, such as icons, banners etc.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in responsive web design and UX design (including research, wireframing and prototyping)
- Mobile app design experience e.g. iOS, Android etc. is desirable.
- Previous experience designing products that handle lots of data is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary throughout this role.
- Good technical understanding with the ability to pick up new tools quickly.
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with developers, project managers, testers etc. Communication is key to delivering the best products.
- A good understanding of front-end web development (HTML & CSS). This is so we can produce designs that developers can easily use and understand when implementing our designs.
- Previous experience with analysing data and carrying out user testing across different mediums is desirable.
- To proceed to our interview process you must have an exceptional portfolio of previous design work that covers all of the above.
Who we’re looking for
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written.
- Someone who is adaptable and able to pick up new techniques.
- Enjoys keeping up to date with advances in web/mobile technologies and how they can be applied to projects.
- Someone with a strong eye for detail.
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills.
- Loves working as part of a team and collaborating with others.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Someone willing to go above and beyond client expectations and deadlines.
The good stuff
- Competitive salary
- Referral bonus
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Brand new state of the art office space