Senior Product Designer, Payment Experience
New York, NY
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is seeking a Senior Product Designer to help scale our Payments product experience. The Payment Experience team’s mission is to help small businesses take care of their teams. We do this by providing a flexible and best-in-class solution that meets the company’s and employee’s needs. As a Justworks Senior Product Designer, you will champion design and lead the design process on your cross-functional team of Product Managers and Engineers to evolve our existing product suite and drive innovation.
In this role, you will apply your passion for tackling complex design problems with a focus on our customers’ needs. You are a versatile designer who steps back to analyze complex workflows and also dives into the interactions and visual details. You advocate sharing early and often, collaborating with other designers to establish a world-class user experience for our customers across the Justworks product suite. Our ideal candidate pushes their clean design sense, is a seasoned systems-level thinker, and is constantly pushing to mold complex experiences into simple, delightful ones.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers, product marketing and other designers to identify and define product opportunities.
- Lead projects through an end-to-end design process: design strategy, research, exploration, interaction and visual design, prototyping, testing, launch, evaluation and iteration.
- Run research sessions to uncover customer problems, needs, and mental models.
- Facilitate workshops and brainstorm sessions with your team, designers, and other departments.
- Create conceptual design solutions for strategic problems and dive into the interactions and visual details
- Support design decisions with data and insights.
- Work closely with engineers to deliver the polished final product.
- Mentor other designers
- Contribute to our internal design process and design system.
- You have a minimum of 6 years of experience in product design.
- You have a portfolio that shows your process, a user-centered approach, and the results.
- You’re energized by solving very complex product problems and communicating them in a simple and understandable way.
- You value the details, but you also seek broad perspectives.
- You seek feedback from your team and customers.
- You're humble, thoughtful, and genuinely care about the quality of what ships to our customers.
- You’re a pro in design tools (like Figma, Sketch, Invision, etc).
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.