Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing, and manufacturing to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager also ensures that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
The primary focus of this role is product management of the core Alphabot system – bots, structure, dispense, customer portals, workstations, etc. There will be some focus on external software elements but that is not the core focus of this role.
The Product Manager is responsible for delivering a differentiated product to the market that addresses a market need and represents a viable business opportunity.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Gathers, manages and prioritizes market/customer requirements.
Acts as the customer advocate articulating the user’s and/or buyer’s needs.
Works closely with engineering, sales, marketing, and support to ensure business case and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Has technical product knowledge or specific domain expertise.
Defines what to solve in the market requirements document, where you articulate the valuable market problem you’re solving along with priorities and justification for each part of the solution.
In Agile environments, regularly reviews completed work and checks with customers to ensure that it meets the customer expectations.
Is a market expert. Market expertise includes understanding the reasons customers purchase products. This includes a deep understanding of the competition, and how customers think of and buy your product. Product Managers need market research and competitive analysis skills to complete these tasks.
Develops positioning for the product.
Recommends or contributes information in setting product pricing.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Domain expertise: knowledge of the grocery and related automation market and product area – desired not required
Business expertise: need to have a suite of business skills to keep your product profitable. ROI analysis, market analysis, costing, and pricing strategies.
Leadership skills: Must have strong, broad technical depth to provide technical leadership, business experience to provide market leadership and overall general management skills to manage the diverse suite of company and customer personalities. Management by influence is key.
Operational ability: Product Managers need to dive deep into the many nitty-gritty details
Technical degree. MBA preferred not required. Demonstrated experience in similar role and technology. 10+years experience
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are based. As part of our Power of Truth value we practice salary transparency, so you know you are being compensated fairly relative to other team members performing similar roles in our organization.
Every employee is granted stock options that vest over four years.
Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package starting on your first date of employment:
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need keeping in mind the demands of your team’s workload.
- 9 Paid Holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K + company match.
- Tuition & work-related training reimbursement programs.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal and financial consultation needs.
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not meant to be a comprehensive explanation. To hear more, please visit: https://www.alertinnovation.com/boston-robotics-jobs/
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics