Senior UX Designer
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to work in our platform workstream. We are in the early days of capturing a multi-billion dollar opportunity, and you will be joining us in the foundational stages of our journey. Your work will impact thousands of suppliers, and in turn, millions of customers.
Wayfair is the leading online retailer for furniture & decor. We rely on our suppliers to deliver our core business proposition: delivering great products to our customers quickly and reliably. Partner Home is Wayfair’s supplier-facing ecosystem that enables our 12,000+ supplier-partners to deliver on that promise. It provides suppliers with all tools to run their business on Wayfair from a commercial and operational perspective: Creating a catalog, managing product inventory, setting up promotions, fulfilling customer orders, getting performance reporting, and many more. We have hundreds of designers and engineers in Boston and Berlin building applications and user journeys contributing to this mission.
The Partner Home Core team, based in Berlin, is responsible for building our next generation supplier application platform. We offer a Design System together with enterprise components and frameworks for creating supplier facing applications to our design and engineering teams. The platform we provide accelerates Wayfair’s teams while enabling a best-in-class user experience for our suppliers. We have big aspirations for more advanced, differentiated services that will help our suppliers onboard, manage, grow, and optimize their e-commerce performance.
In the role of the Senior Product Designer, you will be accountable for the design of our supplier platform offerings: You contribute to discovering new platform solutions together with your team that helps hit our outcomes around improved user experience, efficiency, and scalability. You partner with internal product, research, content strategy, and engineering teams to understand our supplier problems, needs, and end-to-end use cases to contribute to design a user-centric platform. Success in this role means designing solutions that will get broadly adopted across the supplier-facing ecosystem because using them ensures UX consistency and is the fastest way to deliver impact.
The Frontend Enablement team’s mission is to create the perfect environment for developing our supplier experience. With a best-in-class user experience as the number 1 goal, the team builds the common building blocks that drive visual consistency, creates ways to manage & localize content, and enables the integration of common utilities, like analytics and experimentation services, and owns shared platform services. The team collaborates closely with product teams to define new design patterns and engineering teams to get their solutions adopted.
What you‘ll do
- Design for a B2B platform focusing on Scalability and Reusability while contributing to the growth of our new Design System.
- Align with multiple teams to create cross-functional and user-centric design solutions
- Lead the creation of documentation for the Design Outcomes of your team
- Coordinate, contribute, and or conduct research efforts (quantitative and qualitative) to unveil new design approaches or iterate existing ones.
- Collaborate with Product teams influencing the roadmap from the design perspective as well as with Engineering teams by ensuring that the design proposals are achievable within our technology standards.
- Develop a deep understanding of our B2B platform, its offerings, and use cases by advocating Design Thinking to identify the right problems to solve and turn them into opportunities.
- Contribute to the improvement of our cross-team collaboration Design processes, advocating best practices and innovative solutions between Product, Design, and Engineering teams embracing Agile methodologies.
What you‘ll need
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant role
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your advocacy for user-centric and data-driven design and dedicated attention to detail.
- Expertise in understanding product and business requirements and producing design deliverables: comprehensive site maps, user flows/task flows, user journey maps, page flows, wireframes, prototypes, and interaction documentation recommendations, etc.
- Strong understanding of modern design processes and tools (Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Figma, UXPin, and Creative Suite).
- Be knowledgeable about the different research techniques to apply them at the right moment of the product life cycle.
- Solid communication skills focused on collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups, communicating with diverse audiences, and balancing/negotiation priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Self-driven and independent
- Have an inclusive and adaptable working style that ensures efficiency in a multicultural work environment.
Nice to have would be experienced with:
- Experience creating or working with Design Systems
- Experience running workshops for Design Discovery
- Experience designing complex B2B products
- A mix of start-up and large-company experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.