Remote - Bangalore, India
Design is empathic, collaborative, and agile. At BetterWorks, our design team is lean and full-stack, which allows us to move as quickly as possible with our ideas. You'll create inspiring and compelling design solutions that enable people to aspire to new heights at work using BetterWorks. This role reports to the Director of Product Design on a high-energy, innovative team.
- Drive human-centered design decisions through user research and data where you think through user problems and recommend design solutions that have customer and business impact
- Be responsible for planning, designing, and prototyping the company’s web app and mobile apps, as well as some platform products--integrating their software with other products
- Own the full stack of user experience: interaction design, visual design, research, and prototyping designs to make them feel real
- Work side-by-side with Product Managers to understand & define the problems you’re solving so that you can deliver design solutions that are rooted in customer empathy and get business results
- Work closely with engineers to communicate your ideas and creatively work through technical limitations
- Lead holistic design solutions that impact desktop and mobile devices
- Mentor junior designers on the team to strengthen their work
- 2+ years of experience
- Previous experience working on enterprise software, SAAS is a plus
- Experience using research and data to inform your design decisions
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Excellent communication skills
- Prototyping using InVision or similar tools
- Strong collaborator with product managers and engineers
- Demonstrate experience with end-to-end product design
- Use qual and quant data to make informed design decisions
- Motion graphics/animation skills that enhances the user experience
We’d like to see a portfolio that exhibits solid architectural and detailed design thinking, a solid grasp of information architecture, web and mobile technologies, and expert implementation of visual design.
Perks At BetterWorks
- Work closely with a cross functional team of highly motivated and intelligent folks with a unique range of startup and enterprise experience
- Vibrant company culture with frequent team building events
- Frequent guest speakers from around Silicon Valley
- Mentorship opportunities
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Daily catered meals
- Fully paid MTA pass
- Unlimited in-house snacks & drinks
- Unlimited PTO
BetterWorks provides continuous performance management for organizations like AOL, BMW, Kroger, GoPro, Sony Music and Schneider Electric. It helps leaders easily improve employee performance through seamless goal setting and ongoing feedback. The company is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with an office in New York City, and is backed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Emergence Capital and 8VC. The experienced team comes from innovative companies like Amazon, Box, Google, LinkedIn, Palantir, Salesforce and Yammer. Learn more at https://www.betterworks.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse BetterWorks. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global BetterWorks Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.