Sr. Product Owner
Job Title: Sr. Product Owner
Reports to: VP of Product
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Portland, OR
As a Senior Product Owner for the Data Engineering team, you will manage Engineering team tasks and backlogs at the sprint level. This includes managing multiple backlogs, sprint planning routines, stand-ups and retrospectives through the agile development process. Additionally, you will clear blockers in the sprint, communicate new feature releases, bug fixes, and maintain backlogs that support the product roadmap. This position reports to the VP, Product.
- Take the lead of agile teams as the Product Owner during daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, planning, and sprint iterations.
- Ensure the team always has an adequate amount of prepared tasks to work on based on the roadmap strategy set by the VP, Product.
- Plan and prioritize sprint backlog for the upcoming sprint
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Define the User Acceptance Criteria on new features
- Work with the Product Management team to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value, roadmap, or return on investment
- Lead product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Create documentation and training materials for newly released features
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments affecting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Communicate completed features, bugs and issues to stakeholders and the VP, Product
- Remain current on Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Demonstrate a strategic mindset; understanding how products are affecting other work being done
- Lead the evaluation of completed sprints, retrospectives, and assessment of results
- Pursue learning and personal development activities
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with a diverse staff, technical and non-technical
- Other responsibilities as assigned to further mission of the team
- 5 or more years of experience managing cross-functional products or projects
- Experience working with data analytics and data engineering teams
- Understanding and practice of the fundamentals outlined in the agile manifesto and scrum-oriented product processes
- Self-starter who looks for opportunities to help others succeed with their projects
- Certified Product Owner (scrum), or interested in pursuing training to become certified
- Must be highly detail-oriented and prioritize quality control
- Outstanding organization and time management
- Excellent communication and experience providing communication to stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues, vendors, clients, and management, and can translate complicated information clearly and concisely for colleagues and clients
- Knowledge of marketing, advertising platforms, and editorial processes are a plus
What's In It For You:
- Great compensation and exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pretax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Once our offices open, you can enjoy many of our perks such as: free beverages, snacks, big-screen TVs, and much more!
- Be a part of the solution, see our commitments here: Seven Point Plan toMeaningfullyAddress Diversity, Equity,&Inclusion
About Digital Trends:
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. Tech for the Way You Live.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.