Senior Product Manager, Employer Risk Programs
New York City, NY
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is seeking a Senior Product Manager to help build out our employment insurance programs. Justwork’s mission is to help businesses grow with confidence, and as such, we provide access or streamline the process for remittance of a set of business insurances, like Workers Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, Liability Insurance, and so on. The Employment Risk and Insurance team’s goals are to make the process for managing these insurances as seamless as possible for customers and Justworks’ internal teams, across all 50 states.
Product Managers are accountable for setting and executing on a vision and strategy that meets the needs of customers and the business.
This is a new and exciting role for Justworks, and the right candidate will have an opportunity to lay the groundwork and operate in a fast paced, new white space with support across the business.
- Define a product vision, strategy, and roadmap, in partnership with Engineering, Design, and Program Mgmt as well as business / financial partners
- Gather insights — including customer research, partner feedback, external market data, Justworks business intelligence, and stakeholder feedback — to inform your product hypotheses
- Set measurable goals that guide your team’s execution approach
- Collaborate with other functions across the company, like Risk and Insurance, Customer Success, and Sales, to prioritize technology investments, along with other Product teams
- Remove roadblocks so that your cross functional team can execute and ship seamlessly
- Continuously prioritize the needs of customers and the business, with an eye on future growth
- Communicate product priorities across the company, seeking feedback on an ongoing basis
- Inspire and support your team to drive meaningful results for the business
- Mentor others and eventually build a team as needed
- You have 5+ years of product management experience, with a track record of building and shipping successful products
- You focus on and rally others around achieving outcomes, and not tactics
- You are a quick learner, able to connect dots and create insights out of data
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude for storytelling
- You are highly collaborative and can pivot your approach to get to the best collective outcome
- You’re experienced working with Agile development processes
- You have experience working on financial or insurance-related products
- You are energized by solving very complex product problems
- You have a growth mindset and bring positive energy in the face of adversity
- You have experience building integrations and working with third party dependencies
- You have deep analytical expertise, including proficiency in SQL and advanced data analysis tools
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.