Sr. Product Marketing Engineer
We're looking to add a new node to the Product Marketing cluster, focusing on demo infrastructure for our employees and customers. This role will also focus on supporting the demo needs of the Elastic Stack and Elastic Cloud teams. As a Senior Product Marketing Engineer at Elastic you will work closely with the broader Product Marketing Engineering team, as well as Product Marketing, Product Management, and Solution Architect teams to maintain a reliable demo platform, define and implement the roadmap for the demo platform, and produce new demo content.
Ideally, you bring a strong background and history of working with the Elastic Stack, as well as experience working on cloud-based demo platforms and with cloud technologies. You’ll help us to run a mix of static and on demand demo environments and help define the requirements and resources for the future of the demo platform. The ability to collaborate in a dynamic environment is critical.Skills:
- Site-Reliability Engineering - We are an operations team. We solve problems with code, but fundamentally we keep things working. You may have worked as an SRE.
- Infrastructure-as-code - You may have experience automating production Linux systems collaboratively, deriving configuration through version control, and are proficient in some of Docker, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Habitat, Dhall, Terraform, Packer, your own shell scripts. Maybe you've thrown half of that away and use Kubernetes. We do that too.
- Experience with Golang, or extensive experience with other languages
- A passion for search and the Elastic Stack
- You don't mind learning new technology or inheriting code from others.
- You value progress over perfection. You don't mind building demos and proof of concepts, and can live with skipping tests
- Maintaining the current demo platform - providing operational support and helping upgrade demos to the latest version of the Elastic Stack
- Helping design new demo scripts and architectures to spotlight emerging Elastic Stack features
- Improving our automation, build and processes to make demo maintenance easier, more reliable and faster
- Gathering requirements from various stakeholders to help define a robust roadmap for the demo platform, as well as the resources to implement that roadmap
- Supporting the Product Marketing team with technical content based on your expertise and the use of Elastic technologies