Theale, England, United Kingdom
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Scrum Master to innovate, win, and grow with us.
The Scrum Master role is a unique Agile team member who spends much of her time helping other team members communicate, coordinate, and cooperate; Generally, this person assists the team in meeting their delivery goals. The Scrum Master is a servant leader who enables teams to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective Lean-Agile practices. The Scrum Master supports and enforces the Scrum process and other rules that the team has agreed. The Scrum Master also helps the team coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) and communicates status to management as needed.
We are looking for experienced Scrum Masters with a track record of working within large, complex programs. You will be part of a highly experienced, collegial team of Developers, Architects, Scrum Masters and Client Partners, all working with cutting edge tools and technologies.
- Exhibits lean-agile leadership behaviors.
- Facilitates the team's progress towards goals. - Help focus the team on daily and sprint goals in the context of the current Program Increment (PI) objectives.
- Eliminates impediments. - Many blocking issues will be beyond the team's authority or may require support from other teams. The scrum master actively addresses these issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the sprint.
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement.
- Facilitates team meetings and agile ceremonies including the daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Supports the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team.
- Promotes quality practices assisting the team in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting definition of done.
- Build a high-performing team.
- Protects the team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
- Communicates with the scrum team, other teams, management and stakeholders.
- Helps co-ordinate inter-team cooperation.
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for Agile Release Train (ART) events. Assists the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI planning, System Demos and the Inspect and Adapt event.
- Guides the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team understand how to estimate.
Exp and Skills Required:
- 3+ years of experience as a project lead in building multi-tier cloud applications/platform using Java/J2EE, Oracle and OO technologies
- Hands-on experience on using Java and related open source technologies for building enterprise class web applications
- Must be adept at experimenting with new technologies, start-up setup, quick prototyping and ability to define overall approach to drive project delivery
- Strong experience in dealing with performance, scalability, distributed caching, Web Services and open source technologies
- Experience with SaaS applications design, development, deployment and support in private/public cloud environment
- Working experience in an offshore product setup with distributed teams will be an added advantage
- Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem solving skills
- 2+ years of Project and people management experience using Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Be process-compliant in performing assigned tasks and ensuring quality of project deliverables. Drive new process ideas in his/her work area
- Help induction of new members. Help performance appraisal responsibilities for the team members under the guidance of their line managers
- Ability to identify and successfully groom new leaders in technical area for handling higher level of responsibilities.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.